Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Honor mother and father
5 years ago  ::  Jun 04, 2009 - 11:30PM #11
spudette

Yea, Ted, I'm a female who loives taters any way you cook them. the only way I don't like them is raw Laughing. Thank you for agreeing with me on honoring as opposed to respecting.

Blessings.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 8:53AM #12
miami-ted

Hello Spudette,

Well, glad to have you here.  As a tater lover, does that mean you claim a midwestern heritage of potato farmers, or you just like'em anyway.  I must agree that of the starches, potatoes are one of my favorites also.

God bless you, sister.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 4:48PM #13
spudette

No, Ted. I am French-born and raised. I grew up on potatoes from Holland, and believe me, they are the best in the world. I know that in this country, we brag about Idaho spuds, but let me tell you, they're NOT the best. The interesting part for me at least is that potatoes were originally iomported to Europe from this country, but the European countries, and especially Holland, imporved them a whole lot. But I still love spuds.Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 8:54PM #14
miami-ted

Hello Spudette,

Well, now you have piqued my curiosity.  I apologize to others for going off topic and I promise this will be the last question, but is there any place where one can get Holland spuds here in the states?  I like the rolled in salt baked potatoes with sour cream and butter and some chives or scallions and often topped with a little cheese and broccoli.  I think the salted baked skins are just the best and so I'd like to try some from Holland just to see what kind of difference there might be in flavor to me.  One of my favorite baked potatoes served commercially is Red Lobster.  I nearly lick my plate clean when I get one of their loaded baked potatoes.  I like my own homemade scallop potatoes and also put a little cheese with the cream sauce.  French fries I've gotten away from.  This old body doesn't burn off the calories and fat like it used to.

God bless.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 6:36PM #15
spudette

My apologies too for being off-subject. Ted, I don't think that you can get dutch seed potatoes in this country. I suppose a person could, but there must be all kinds of legal stuff to deal with. So I just enjoy the locally-grown product. I just don't claim it as "THE BEST". Laughing

I guess, now we can return to the thread subject. On the subject of honoring parents, as well as many other facets of life in this world, obeying God is not always easy, or even pleasant. However, if we keep our eyes on the goal, which is eternal life, I am convinced that when we see our Savior and Lord face to face, all our sacrifices will seem very small indeed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 7:08AM #16
miami-ted

Hello Spudette,

Well, since I'm understanding that the eternal existence will have the best of all that God has made, I'll likely get to try some then.  As for the rest of your post, all I can say is a hearty, robust "amen".

God bless.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook