Switch to Forum Live View looking for guidance
5 years ago  ::  May 28, 2009 - 10:08AM #1
Blessedmom

First let me say...I love my church! I love the Nazarene faith and connect well with all that it stands for. I LOVE the Lord with all my heart. I look forward to my time with my church family and am alway touched by our Pastors message. But, with all that said...for the first time in years I feel a great disconnect in our services. We are currently without a full time worship minister but are not activly looking for a replacment. The man filling in is a member of our church and has filled in from time to time. He is a very nice man with a wonderful family. But he is not a very good worship leader. Also, I fear our Postor is looking to keep him as the full time minister although it has not been said. I feel guilty and sad that I am so diconnected. Although I go out of my way not to get involved in conversations on this topic it is clear to me that I am not the only person that feels this way.

To me, the worship music is a Very important aspect of my worship time. It helps me put the worldly mindset away and come to the Lord completely. Do I have to have the worship music to get to that place? No,but I find myself so distracted my his voice, the music he picks and his style that I am...without a better word...disconnected. I feel like im at a high school performance with all the colored lights, props, and his overly dramatic gesters. Again, I feel bad because I know he has a heart for God. I just don't like his style at all. I have tried closing my eyes but most of his music new so I catch myself trying to understand the tune and the words. I crave true words of worship. I crave good worship music. I am ok with A new song even A new song every week but 4 or 5 songs that are all new is very hard to follow or get involved in.

We are going on 3 months of this now and I have notices that our attendance is dropping off and that makes me very sad as well. My family is very involved in the running of this church and we are concidered leaders so how do I deal with this? My husband has already talked to the Pastor and asked that we seek a new worship leader but nothing has changed. I have been praying for the Lord to guide me in the right way to deal with my feelings. And hear I am...looking still for the right way. Is it me? Am I off base? Have I given him a fair chance? How do I get past this? Am I being shallow to put such importance on music?

Can anyone help?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2009 - 1:08AM #2
Roodog

Worship is a matter of the heart, and it is always toward God. Because we are human the worship experience is not going to be perfect, we can only do our best.Remember that God is the audience and we are the "show" for lack of a better term.

There are also other needs met in the Church; fellowship among Christians, mutual edification and encouragement and the teaching of God's Word in small and large settings.You belong to your church and to your fellow Christians and they belong to you.

Your duty and previliege is to love these people and to accept their love in return. In this will your joy be full.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 10, 2009 - 8:49AM #3
BBarton

We go to church to worship and when we are destracted by strong egos, it can be hard to see Christ beyond the personna.  If I were destracted to the point it effected my worship, I would quietly pick up my sandals and leave in peace.

There are other groups of Christians you might enjoy joining in praise and thanksgiving.  You aren't giving up on people, but allowing them to continue in peace, while you go in peace.

If we don't have peace or joy in "church", it might be time to visit other options.  The Lord is accessable from any point.

Blessings on your quest. B

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2010 - 2:13PM #4
Bob10

Perhaps this preacher (Ronald L. Dart) and his sermons might help you ---

www.borntowin.net/newsite/Audios/RadioAr...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 08, 2010 - 4:48PM #5
KIND6004

Why did this church separate itself from other protestant ministries. What is different about the beliefs regarding the Holy spirit? End times messages? How to be saved? Do they believe that Jesus is the good news or is it the old testament scriptures? Do they believe in works leading toward salvation? Or in the doctrine of Christ. Why do they ask how long you have been a Nazarene rather then how long have you been a christian or saved or delivered, or santified especially if its a holiness ministry.

God is Good
God is Worthy to be Praised.
Gods Word will endure forever.
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 1:07PM #6
KIND6004

It appears no one comes into check into this site and to respond.  Has been a long time since any responses.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2010 - 11:28AM #7
KIND6004

There are colleges which the Church of the nazarene have started around the nation, and the world. I know there is even a magazine Called Holiness Today which is printed every two months or so. But it appears that the members of this congregation, do not support this site, or that the person who started this Forum is no longer with Beliefnet. I think that there are fundamenal differences which I dont necessarily understand. I also dont understand why in testimony service, members talk about joining the church having saved them, but very little is taught about salavation thru Jesus Christ.Or why when discussing the Holy spirit, other writers books were discussed and very little from the bible. The Church I attended did not even discuss the sinners prayer with visitors or new members who came into the Congregation. @Pastor has recently left the church to return to an out of state church, Gave two weeks notice, but no one on that Northern church board even contacted the board in this Southern church to ask for a recommendation. Whats up wiht that.

God is Good
kind6004
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook