Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Intuition on Swine Flu?
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 3:15PM #11
Chani2009

Ah, while I always encourage people to be skeptical, The Coming Plague is not just any book... it's definitely heavy with Ms. Garrett's personal opinions/speculations, but she doesn't hide where she is stating fact vs. giving her own two sense.  I would definitely NOT dismiss the work as mere "babble and rumor."

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 01, 2009 - 5:50PM #12
ManzanitaBear

I didn't say I don't trust the internet.  I said that if someone sent me an email saying, "I know this is the plague that will destroy all of humanity and make us start over, and it's secret chemical warfare, and I know that by channeling," I'd take that with a grain of salt.  If someone told me that face to face, I'd also take it with a grain of salt, but that doesn't mean I don't trust face to face conversation.

Books go into a lot more detail about how and why, supporting their theses, than any email can.  I could, of course, read a lengthy book and think it was all bunk (but if I thought it was bunk, I probably wouldn't finish the book).

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2009 - 10:42AM #13
tattwo

Naaaah its nothing big at all. Just like with any virus, be careful. The media is hyping it up more than what it really is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  May 04, 2009 - 2:42PM #14
Flowseeker

I think it is important to be conscientious during any flu outbreak as the flu is highly contagious and continually mutates.  So continue to take precautions.  One thing I'd like to see is people staying home when they're sick, and employers/managers encouraging this practice. 

Check out my hubs on http://hubpages.com/profile/Tranquilheart
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2009 - 9:30PM #15
Dreamweever2

I remembered this thread from last spring and wanted to bring it back up to the front page again. I wonder if anyone has any different feelings on this topic. This thing doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. They are no longer keeping count of how many cases of this flu there are. The nasal swab tests they are now using in most areas of the country are between 10-70% accurate in diagnosing H1N1 according to the CDC. The CDC website states that some of the negative results from the nasal swab test are "false negative", and that the person actually has H1N1.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 31, 2009 - 11:57PM #16
Flowseeker

It's not going away, that's for sure.  I think we are approaching a 2nd wave.

Data from Canada www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/su...

Check out my hubs on http://hubpages.com/profile/Tranquilheart
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2009 - 6:24PM #17
windwizard

Hello All,

I read through this thread with great interest. Why?   Well as with everyone else I too have some thoughts on this subject.     I have come to notice in the past decade (surprisingly so moreso since 9/11) people are always on the search of what may come to be The End of Our Very Existence!

I say with all respect to each and every thought and/or opinion i've read thus far, is it possible this too might be what is sparking interest in the many illness's and threats that we as humans have always had in one form or another?

In decades past as we all know there was polio, red/german measels and so many various flu's that we have come to find a form of resistence too.  Although I do not deny that we are indeed on the brink of many many drastic changes coming to our world as we now know it to be.........I am not yet convinced this outbreak is what brings the end.

It is quite possible there have been articles and writings I have not seen during my absence, with this in mind I wonder if anyone has read something that really puts some wieght upon this issue, could you please update me ?   I am always on a path of learning, and would be the first to admit there is much I do not know,  this just isnt quite the means thus far Ive 'visulized'  that brings about an end.

Nice to once again share and learn among you all.......there is always much to be gained in sharing our experiences and life lessons!

Love and Radiant Light to All!

WIND

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook