Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Spiritual Awakening and The Weight Loss Journey
9 years ago  ::  May 16, 2009 - 1:37AM #21
candybarger

Hello Everyone,

I am so glad I found this site.  I too feel the need for a spiritual awakening.  I too would like some support and encouragement along this path.  I have recently tried two different programs.  One was too strict or so I thought and the other one doesn't agree with my heart (physically).  I have been experiencing feeling lost and empty and I don't know what to do about it.  I do believe there is a Goddess within each of us and I would like to let my Goddess shine.  I just don't know how.  I am so glad u are all here and I am looking forward to getting to know u all.

Cheryl

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 17, 2009 - 1:27PM #22
sabrinaswinter

Dear Luzee:

Welcome aboard.  I'm so sorry about your Mom's death.  I extend my prayers to you and my deepest of sympathy.  You are amongst friends.  When my Mom was first diagnosed with breast cancer, I gained 60 lbs in one year.  (She has since beaten breast cancer twice.)

You are not alone.  I wish to extend a hug to you.  I noticed in life that often weight symbolizes something so much more than our physical bodies.  Sometimes there is something that is weighing us down.

Do something in loving memory of your Mom.  I know in my heart she loves you so very much and wants you to be healthy and well. 

We're here for you.  God bless.

Love,

Wendy (Sabrinaswinter)

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 17, 2009 - 1:32PM #23
sabrinaswinter

Dear Cheryl:

I know how dieting feels like and I know in my heart to achieve health, I have to embrace the Goddess from within.  I feel there is great power in every woman.  Some may call it soul or spirit.  I call it the  Goddess.

Regina Thomashauer has written wonderful books about feminine or goddess empowerment.  My favorite is writing a love letter to my inner self.

Try it.  It is fun.  Select a card or make one which makes your spirit smile and feel happy.  Write a letter of appreciation to your higher self.  What is it that you love about being Cheryl?  What gifts do you possess which light up the world with hope?  What are your talents? 

Please share.  I suspect your inner Goddess is glorious.  Please share and if feeling empty, do things which make your heart smile?  Make a list of your favoirte things or simple pleasures and indulge them.

Have a beautiful day.   Welcome to our group.  We await your awakening!

Love and Friendship,

Wendy aka Sabrinaswinter

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 8:52AM #24
candybarger

Innocent  Thank you Wendy for your suggestions about writing a letter of love to my inner self.  That is a wonderful idea.  I am going to work on my food plan and how I would like it to be.  I want to go without sugar, flour, wheat.  I am not going to go to the extreme that I have to watch every single smidgon of food I put in my mouth but to not eat foods like candys, cakes, cookies pies etc.  I have found out that I am gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant so I want to work on not eating those.  I am also starting an exercise plan including walking and stretches and strengthening. 

With all of that said I want to share an experience I had last night.  I was trying to take a nap before I went to work and I was feeling really sad and wanted to cry.  I had a hard time letting the tears out.  For some reason (God's plan) I remembered a visualization exercise of me sitting on Jesus' lap and resting on Him.  I found that nice but I wanted more so I pictured sitting on Jesus' lap with my head on His shoulder and He had one arm around me and the other stroking my face and He was telling me that He loved me and I was a good person/girl.  I went to sleep then.  Isn't that beautiful!!!  I am looking forward to being in this group.  Thank you for being here.

Cheryl

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 9:34AM #25
westlilies

Good morning everyone...always nice to meet new people.  Wendy, you are so gracious and kind.
Your suggestions come from such a tender heart.  Wanted to check in and say things are going well.  Prayer certainly has strengthened my ability to fight off those temptations to go off course. 
Cheryl, I too have problems with dairy and glutten.  When I eat properly I feel great!  My imigaging skills need work...but I do believe that's real important.  I also believe what we "say" about ourselves is a factor in determining our success.  It's good to feel good about ourselves isn't it!  Talk to you later...Lily

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 11:33AM #26
sabrinaswinter

Dear Cheryl, Westlilies, and All Ladies:

Westlilies, it is wonderful to hear from you.  Thank you for your sweet compliments.  I believe when we love ourselves the way God does, we come from a heart of peace.  You are always very special to me.

Cheryl, your creative visualization of Jesus embracing you is truly very beautiful.  Thank you so much for sharing.  God does adore you.  The comfort in your words were truly inspirational. 

Often I feel very sad about my weight issue.  I have been on a few dates and noticed how awful I was treated due to weight.  When I was younger and thinner, it was not an issue.  Cheryl, your imagery touched me very deeply.  In God's eyes we are always beautiful because He made us in His image.  Jesus sees our heart.  Our heart determines our life.

I feel that God's love is about acceptance.  My goal for all of us is to know the truth that we are divinely loved.  Cheryl, your visualization is a beautiful love letter and testimony to us all.

Cheryl, Thank you.  Lily, thank you, too.

Love,

Wendy (Sabrinaswinter)

PS:  Enjoy the enclosed poem.

SmileSmileSmileSmile

A Love Letter From God

(A Poem Dedicated to Cheryl, Lily, Susie, Irene and All Ladies)

By

Wendy Schuljan

God's Words:  I Will Always Love You...

SmileWinkKissWink

I created you in your Mother's Womb.

You are the tapestry of All of My Love.

When I gaze upon you, I smile with all of my heart.

You are a beautiful woman and I will always love you!

I created the trees to provide you shade.

I created the fruits for you to eat.

I created the sky for you to wish upon a star.

All your dreams will come true because I'm God!

When you are alone and naked, I will cover you.

When you are hungry, I will feed you.

When you are lonely, I will embrace you.

You are always precious before me.

I do not care about your weight, your social status or your possessions.

I will always love you.

You are My Child, My Beloved, My Everything!

When you are criticized or mocked, always remember...

YOU ARE THE CHILD OF THE MOST HIGH GOD.

I will never leave or forsake you.

I have sent my only son, Jesus, to walk with you.

I have sent the Holy Spirit to help you soar across the heavens.

I can do all things for you because...

I am God.

Life may be unreliable.  Lovers may come and go.

But I am God and I am always faithful.

Look into the sky...

My Son is holding the lamb.

It is your pure heart.

How I love you!  Let me breathe into your soul visions of hope!

I am your lantern, your light, your true love.

I am God!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 20, 2009 - 11:44PM #27
candybarger

Wendy,

Thank you so much for sharing the poem.  It really touched my heart.  That is all of what God is and more.  You are truely an inspiration to me Wendy.  God Bless You for your service work.

Cheryl

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 21, 2009 - 8:42AM #28
westlilies

Good morning girls!  Day by day God helps me to stay focused on right choices.  I am thankful for another successful day.  The bible says: "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."  Proverbs 16:3  I believe that is something that must be done daily and would explain (to me) the days I failed.  The bible also says: "Don't get tired of doing what is right, for after a while you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not give up."  Galatians 6:9   Now those words may not have been meant to cover this subject but it helps me because the principal is the same...consistency pays off!  Have a blessed day everyone...Lily

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 2:55PM #29
sabrinaswinter

Dear Cheryl:

You are very welcome.  We are here to emotionally support each other.  I want to see us all do well.

God bless and I know you can do it!

Yours truly,

Wendy

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 23, 2009 - 3:00PM #30
sabrinaswinter

May 21, 2009 -- 8:42AM, westlilies wrote:

Good morning girls!  Day by day God helps me to stay focused on right choices.  I am thankful for another successful day.  The bible says: "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."  Proverbs 16:3  I believe that is something that must be done daily and would explain (to me) the days I failed.  The bible also says: "Don't get tired of doing what is right, for after a while you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not give up."  Galatians 6:9   Now those words may not have been meant to cover this subject but it helps me because the principal is the same...consistency pays off!  Have a blessed day everyone...Lily

Lily, I love the quotes you use from the Bible.  There are three princples here:

1.  Commit to the Lord for help.  Today I'm going to commit to God to help me.  I can't do this alone.  A spiritual focus is so important no matter what one's tradition is.  When we honor our physical temple, we are acknowledging God's love for us.  He wants what is best for us.  It is time for us to want the same.

2. Always do what is right and never tire of this.  Lily, I'm guilty of not doing this.  You discuss a very important point.  If one does the right thing, eventually it will become a habit.  Dr. Phil speaks of Self-Mastery in Weight Loss.  To do something positive instead of binge eating.

3.  Lily's Principle of Consistency.  Lily, this is the key.

Thank you for a wonderful post.  God bless.

Love,

Wendy

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook