Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Pause Switch to Standard View A Question about Unconditional Love...
Show More
Flag DaoLotusBear March 26, 2009 1:22 PM EDT

According to Dao is there unconditional love greeting us when we die?

Flag Mak Tin Si April 1, 2009 8:33 AM EDT

what do you mean by "unconditional love"???

Flag DaoLotusBear April 1, 2009 2:52 PM EDT

No judgment, an absolute state of love.

Flag Mak Tin Si April 2, 2009 11:04 AM EDT

Let's say this then..

when you die, you get what you deserve and you through how nature is suppose to be. It's not a believe but fact. You reap what you have planted before. Karma, cause and effect.

Flag kilgoretrout2006 April 4, 2009 12:34 AM EDT

I don't know that American Taoism even addresses that. It speaks more to how you're living your life now than it does to what happens next. 

Flag whirlinggal April 18, 2009 5:19 AM EDT

Mar 26, 2009 -- 1:22PM, DaoLotusBear wrote:

Yes there is--some call it The Ancestors.

Flag Tealady April 24, 2009 2:20 PM EDT

When we leave the world of 10,000 things and return to the "source" I believe there is something that is better than love...I'm just not sure what it is. 

Flag Yamabushikaze August 11, 2009 9:22 PM EDT

Unconditional love,,don't know that i remebered that,,,i went into a diabetic coma and my heart stopped when i was seven years old. It was like being asleep but complete darkness and no dreams. There was only the void.  no emotions and no sensations in the ten minutes i was clinically dead.  When i came out of my coma i felt loved in that sense. Has i aged and explored meditation and astral travel i had the "unconditional" love experience you might be referring to. Imagine the most prefect place you have ever been to. Love, joy peace everything is there. Now imagine someone throwing paint thinner on it and everything you see, feel and experierence begins to meld together into you and around you, then the void.....and it was at that point in my meditation i realizaed that if i kept going i would not be coming back. Second i thought that i awoke in my apartment to discover i had a bloodsugar of 29 and i had been in the unconcious for three days.... So yes there is love in death well at least for me there was...

Flag Noone October 12, 2009 12:06 AM EDT

LotusBear, we never die. There is only one of us.

Flag Afromojo September 4, 2010 10:51 PM EDT

More information on Mak Tin Si

Flag peterjohn January 20, 2011 11:52 AM EST

A belief is nothing more then avoiding the fact.

Flag Eisenhans May 6, 2011 9:06 PM EDT

Mar 26, 2009 -- 1:22PM, DaoLotusBear wrote:

No.  But there is justice, ultimately. 

Nature is far more intelligent than most people these days give it credit for............ ^_^

Eisenhans

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook