Switch to Forum Live View Episcopal/Muslim Priest
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 2:56PM #1
slate

I was reading about a female priest who is , or claims to be, also a Muslim.   A bishop of the church has requested her resignation.  However,that is not happening as of yet.  What are your thoughts?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2009 - 8:31PM #2
miami-ted

Hello Slate,

My immediate thought after reading your bio is why you would pick this board to post such a question.

About Me: I believe in the general tenets of the Christian church with some reservations. I am belong to the episcopal church since the age of 19. I was born in the AME church and have had some Quaker influence and Pentecostal influence in my life. I have also learned a lot about the Roman Catholic church. I might also include the Southern Baptist tradition, since I grew up in the south. I believe that God is Love. Therefore, I tend to believe in those things in Christianity that deal with love. I question those things in Christianity that see God as wrathful, judgemental, etc. Therefore , I tend to be liberal in my beliefs, mostly.

By this confession of faith do you find yourself on the side of most evangelicals that you know?

Here is our confession of faith on the evangelical board as noted in the sticky post-it.

In this area, Beliefnet welcomes Christians who believe that the Bible is literally true, inerrant, and the only authority for Christian faith, and that that accepting Jesus Christ as one's only Lord is the only way to salvation. If this describes you, you are invited to join the discussions here.
-------------------------------------
If this does not describe you, please do not post in this area; instead, we invite you to visit our other Christian forums.

Personally I have found as a group the episcopal branch to be fairly liberal and don't find this issue at all surprising.  After all they made John Spong a bishop.  What else needs to be said.

As for yourself you need to work on knowing God.  You see the Scriptures, according to their own claim, are God-breathed so all that stuff that you don't seem to particularly like because it offends your delicate sensibilities is true of God.  God did flood the whole earth by His power and destroy all living people and creatures because God was broken hearted that He had even created mankind.  When the Hebrew slaves were saved by the power and glory of God from their slavery in Egypt and then had the stupid audacity to build a golden calf to bow down and worship, God did have Moses call together all those who were going to stand on the Lord's side and put on swords and knives and slay several thousand of their own friends, neighbors and even family.  Nasty as it may sound to us, it is all true because while God is a loving God, He is also a righteous God and is angered.  Psalm 2 tells us that when we disobey God He can be angered and may destroy us in His anger.  It's all true.

When you believe that, then you may post on the evangelical boards.

You don't give an age in your bio, but I'm guessing that you are still fairly young.  I didn't come to know the real God until my late 30's/early 40's.  I also believed a lot as you do before I came to the truth.

If you would like to know the true God I would be happy to help you with that also and you may email me at:  miamimac@bellsouth.net

God bless, friend.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 6:33AM #3
slate

HI,

I posted here because I wanted to get some idea of the responses I would get from evangelicals.  I did not have any ulterior motive,or any desire to start an arguement.  I am aware that the debate board is for that.  I just wnated to get your response and the response of other evangelicals.  I posted this same question on the Traditional and the Progressive boards. If I have in any way offended you, please forgive me.

Thank you for sharing!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 6:35AM #4
slate

By the way, I am 73 years old.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2009 - 8:24AM #5
miami-ted

Good morning Slate,

No, no offense taken and no apology necessary.  I just wanted to make sure that you understood the rules governing posts on this board.  As you see, I gave you an answer to your query.  At 73 years of age I can see that you have enjoyed many years of God's blessings.  Just goes to show that you can't count on assumptions always being correct.

God bless and I pray that He will be merciful to you on that great day of the Lord.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook