Switch to Forum Live View Will you accept YHVH?
6 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2009 - 12:23PM #1
Semachiah

Shalom,

Scripture references are from,
the SET (Stone Edition Tanach) or the CJB (Complete Jewish Bible) for the OT
and the PNT (Power New Testament ) for the NT unless otherwise specified.

Eph 3:14. On this account I bend my knees to the Father, 15. from Whom every family in the heavens and on the earth receives its name, 16. so that He would give to you according to the riches of His glory to be strengthened in power by His Spirit working in your inner man, 17. to make the Messiah live in your hearts through faith, when you have been rooted and established in love, 18. so that you would be able to seize, with all the consecrated ones, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19. and to know the love of the Messiah that surpasses our knowledge, so that you would be filled with all the fullness of God.
   3:20. Now to the One Who is able to do beyond measure far more than we ask or we imagine according to the power which works in us for our benefit, 21. to Him be the glory in the congregation and in Messiah Jesus for all generations forever and ever, amen.

Much as he did in the previous passage Paul draws us back to see the previous passage and point being made before he continues. He is illustrating all along in his writing the interconnectivity, or the "line upon line, precept upon precept" principal of The Scriptures (Isa 28:10) when he writes...
Eph 3:14. On this account I bend my knees to the Father,
In this he is connecting the point he made earlier about the Heathens (all people who do not worship the One True YHVH) and the Jews (all people who do worship the One True YHVH) becoming one family in YHVH through the life, death and resurrection of Y'SHUA as the sinless (perfect) Lamb of YHVH who has been exalted to be Lord [master or authority in charge] (Phil 2:8-9) until the end of time when all things, all authority and power over the things concerning this earth are placed by Y'SHUA back under the feet and/or under the  authority of YHVH (1 Cor 15:25-27).

If nothing else we need to see and understand that above most everything else, YHVH is a YHVH of order.
HE is in charge!
Because HE is HE said, "Let us...." and it was or is. In this HE is seen as the Patriarch of The HOLY Family, HE is The FATHER to which The WORD and The HOLY SPIRIT are somewhat submissive to HIM by choice and/or function and yet are still equal to HIM.
This relationship is not unlike how you are made but that is predictable since HE did say...
Genesis (B'resheet) 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, in the likeness of ourselves; and let them rule over the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the animals, and over all the earth, and over every crawling creature that crawls on the earth."

HE made us in HIS image. HE made us in a manner that is "like" HE is in that we are made of a Spirit, soul and body, a physical trinity that mimics, in a way, HIS HOLY TRINITY. In a manner similar to HIS, we consider something and then we say or express what we have considered and finally we move into action in order to make our concern a reality. YHVH likewise contemplates or considers or thinks of something of this nature as The FATHER. HE then says or expresses HIMself or HIS thought and puts that thought into existence as HIS SPIRIT, The HOLY SPIRIT, makes HIS WORD become a reality. This is how all things are created by HIS WORD.

This then brings us to the great "BUT"!
We live in time. Time is the process which establishes a recognizable order to our lives. Time allows us to see things as they were, as they are and as they will be.
"BUT", but YHVH does not live or exist in time!
It is within HIS abilities to see all three dimensions of time as ever present. A prayer of Moses that is recorded in the Psalms explains it this way...
Ps 90:4 For from your viewpoint a thousand years are merely like yesterday or a night watch.
Peter then reiterates this when he states...
2 Pet 3:8. But this one thing must not escape your notice, beloved, that one day with the Lord is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.
What is crucial, is for us is to gain a grasp of this and to never let it go.
All too often in our studies it becomes evident that we have forgotten this. When we do we start to post attributes to our studies that are inconsistent with the Full Gospel of YHVH and we create doctrines that were never intended by YHVH. This is most easily seen as one reads the following...
Hbr 13;8. Jesus Messiah is the same yesterday and today and forever.

It is so common for the average CHRISTian to place this verse into eternity but this is simply a statement within time. Within the realm of time Y'SHUA is the same person yesterday or early on in His life as He was during His ministry years and as He is today until time comes to an end. He is not the same as He was before He was made in the womb of Mary by the action of The HOLY SPIRIT coming over her and He is not the same as He will be after He places all authority under the feet of YHVH. He is only the same within the constraints of time.

When I say that He is the same yesterday and during His years of ministry I am referring to the fact that in all 33 1/2 years He was totally subjected to do the will of YHVH. That from His conception He willingly submitted Himself to do ONLY the will of YHVH even if at times He would have preferred not to do so as is clearly indicated in...
Lk 22;42. saying, “Father, if You are willing You must now take this cup from Me: nevertheless not My will, but Yours must continually be done.”
As for Him being the same forever this is applied to Him being and staying as the eternal sacrifice for the sins of all mankind until it is no longer necessary. Once all of YHVH's Children have been redeemed, once they actually have been saved from any further influence of satan then time will end and this aspect of Y'SHUA will also come to a conclusion. From before time existed satan had fallen from the grace and presence of YHVH. As the foundation of this world which has been set into time, was created YHVH already had a plan, an idea to redeem those who would fall but who would also lay down their personal authority in order to submit themselves to YHVH's authority through a one time, sinless, perfect sacrifice and this was eventually manifest in and through the life and the person known as Y'SHUA. This plan was YHVH's Word, Promise or Vow made into a flesh being. Through HIS spoken WORD YHVH had put this plan into existence but until the fullness of time had come HIS HOLY SPIRIT did not manifest it into the earth.

Since this manifestation was stated from the foundation of time and since it will remain as the sole sacrifice for all of mankind until the end of time, the person, the manifestation of this sacrifice, Y'SHUA, is then the Alpha (beginning) and the Omega (the ending) sacrifice. Since this was stated from the foundation of time Y'SHUA is also the FIRSTborn or many Brethren (Brothers; Rom 8:29). After Adam succumbed to sin Y'SHUA was the first person to have YHVH, The FATHER speak via HIS WORD into existence and The HOLY SPIRIT to create without a man passing his bloodline through. Because of this Y'SHUA was the first man since Adam to be created sinless and in this was the fullness of the YHVHhead manifest in Him.

Eph 3:14. On this account I bend my knees to the Father, 15. from Whom every family in the heavens and on the earth receives its name,
It is through all of this that every family on earth is named either a Heathen or a Jew, a believer in the One True YHVH or not!

Eph 3:16. so that He would give to you according to the riches of His glory to be strengthened in power by His Spirit working in your inner man, 17. to make the Messiah live in your hearts through faith, when you have been rooted and established in love, 18. so that you would be able to seize, with all the consecrated ones, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19. and to know the love of the Messiah that surpasses our knowledge, so that you would be filled with all the fullness of God.
It is hard to imagine that before mankind was created, that before time, YHVH had spoken this all to come about, that HE had foreseen the need and had started an action a plan to make this all transpire. That before you were YHVH already knew you and loved you. That HE loved you to such a degree that HE was willing to sacrifice HIS FIRSTborn Son. HE didn't sacrifice something that had existed without being created but HE sacrificed something that was "born", created or made.

Eph 3:20. Now to the One Who is able to do beyond measure far more than we ask or we imagine according to the power which works in us for our benefit, 21. to Him be the glory in the congregation and in Messiah Jesus for all generations forever and ever, amen.
Even though grasping hold of this concept, imagining this or expressing this is very difficult for us, even though this is essentially beyond all that we can image, YHVH is well able to perform it and to enact it within our beings. For this we need to praise HIM, to exalt HIS name and bow down our will to serve HIS will for our lives just as HE was glorified or served through the life of Y'SHUA.
Even if you cannot fully grasp how much this means to YHVH or even to your self can you, will you accept the work that through Y'SHUA YHVH has done?
Will you accept who HE created through what HE has said?
Will you accept that which HE has done through HIS manifest power (The HOLY SPIRIT)?
Will you accept the gift of HIS love manifest?
Jn 3:16. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that every one who believes in Him would not die but would have eternal life.
Will you accept the sacrifice of Y'SHUA as The Lamb of YHVH for all persons in time?
Will you accept the expressed and manifest love of YHVH?
Will you accept YHVH?

Shaking everything that can be shaken of "Traditional" (Mk 7:13) religion in order to establish you on The CORNERSTONE and foundation of our faith!

Click here to visit --> The Tree

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 9:04AM #2
miami-ted

Good morning Eric,

I am in complete agreement with much of what you explain here, however, I do have one small note of question. You posted and explained from the PNT:

Eph 3:14. On this account I bend my knees to the Father, 15. from Whom every family in the heavens and on the earth receives its name,
It is through all of this that every family on earth is named either a Heathen or a Jew, a believer in the One True YHVH or not!

By 'receives its name' are we referring to whether they are named a family of God or a family of Satan?

God bless.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 5:02PM #3
Semachiah

Shalom,

Yes and technically no. Yes is the simple way of saying it but calling them Heathens or Jews is more correct for even satan then falls into that family as a Heathen by definition.

Okay, if we say they are all in the family of YHVH or satan what we really should be saying is the family of YHVH or of non-believers in the One True YHVH (which by definition is known as Heathens). I really don't want to elevate satan to anything other than another member of the family of non-believers in the one True YHVH a.k.a. Heathens.

Another point that you need to know is that the PNT is written from the perspective of Jews. The editor's thought is that the writers of the New Testament were Jews who had Greeks do the translating for the most part of what they were trying to say and that some of the meaning was lost in the process or missed such as possible Jewish idioms. One of these problems would be in the word "Heavens". For a Jew there are seven levels of Heaven thus when it states "every family in the Heavens" it could be talking about any one of the seven levels of Heaven and not just where YHVH is per se with HIS family.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2009 - 6:41AM #4
miami-ted

Good morning Eric,

No, the purpose of my question was just to confirm that it was not to be interpreted that all famililes, (kindred) in heaven and on the earth were necessarily 'of' God.  That 'being named by God' did not infer that they were therefore named of God.  I just didn't feel like that was a clear point by your post.  The NIV in this instance, I think, does do a better job of clarifying the issue: Eph. 3:14 "from whom His whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name."

God bless.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2009 - 10:44PM #5
Semachiah

Shalom,

The problem with the NIV is the accuracy of the statement. It tells us that YHVH's family gets it's name but it says nothing of those who do not believe in YHVH. I know we can infer it but the PNT accurately portrays what we have in manuscripts and thus what YHVH was attempting to convey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2009 - 8:07AM #6
miami-ted

Hey Eric,

I agree in this case.  My stance on translations is that becasue they are created by the hands of men that they will all have some instances of disagreement as to how a particular passage can be translated and just as with our own language if we pick up a dictionary and certainly a thesaurus we will find that most all words have several other words that mean the same or very similar and this is one of the problems with any translation from one language to another.  However, having said that I believe that God is great enough to even work through man's weakness, after all look at the work He did through the Jew.  But I have read a number of 'good' translations and I have never come away not knowing what it is that God is trying to impress upon the reader of his sinfulness and need for repentance and salvation.  Often the finer points of our faith are cause for discussion and in this it is good to use a number of translations and to have at least a smattering of knowledge of the host language.

God bless and may you enjoy a wonderful day of spending time with Him who cares for yo.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook