Switch to Forum Live View ideas for a ritual to welcome spring
5 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2009 - 10:07PM #1
Andre_Rieu_fan356

I'm more than ready for winter to be over. As a result, this year I want to do something special to welcome Spring--some ritual to welcome back the season of new beginnings and rebirth and I'd like some ideas. I'm thinking of getting up early that day to watch the sun rise (if it's forecast to be a sunny day ;-) ).

More and more I'm starting to feel a spiritual connection to the changing of the seasons--I felt it around Christmas, too, and it inspired a whole series of photos that I posted on Flickr. I can see why the Pagans/Wiccans honour the changing of the seasons and the half-way points between the equinoxes/solstices.

::~~~~~~~~~~~~~::
Peace,
Annapurna

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see"--Edgar Degas
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 8:47AM #2
delmarvamom

Find out if there is a an outdoor labyrinth nearby and visit on a nice day.  It can be a very spiritual experience I am told.

Try this website

http://labyrinthlocator.com/home

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2009 - 6:34PM #3
Andre_Rieu_fan356

Hey, delmarvamom!

Unfortunately there isn't one in the area--and since I want to keep things reasonably simple, I'm not in the mood to drive all over the province looking for one.

Thanks for the idea, though.

Peace,
Annapurna

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 1:32PM #4
RooRoo

Listen to the birds singing. If weather permits, walk around your neighborhood and  see the flowers and trees blooming.  Happy spring!  Roo

The Roo just hopped in to say " Have a very blessed day!"
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2009 - 6:27PM #5
Andre_Rieu_fan356

Happy Spring/Ostara, everyone!

Here's what I did to celebrate: I went outside at about seven twenty-five this morning (6:25 EDT). Weatherunderground said that sunrise was to be at 7:31 so I stood out there on the front deck, freezing various parts of my body off, and waiting.

While I waited I said my morning prayers, along with a special prayer to welcome Spring (ad lib). I also watched the birds arriving for breakfast (we have a couple of feeders and suet packs out for them). About half-way through my nose was so cold that I went back inside to get a scarf, which really helped (all that hot air that got trapped when I exhaled).

Eventually the sun started to really rise and I watched it as much as I could (there was a cloud right in front of where the sun would really start to show). After a while I went back inside and got the next part of my day underway: doing the dishes (a small load) and making breakfast (Hearty Whole Wheat Waffles--delish!) while listening to Vivaldi (Spring from The Four Seasons) and Verdi.

Peace,
Annapurna

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2009 - 10:24AM #6
nicoleniche

sendingmy dear sister"JOCELYNE" all our love from here passing on on March 31th! here fellows and i will keep here sirit alive for ever. along with here.JB fellowship !

Nicole

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook