Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Did the new B-net kill this forum or what?
9 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2009 - 4:20PM #41
giertruidis

am impressed with your style and focus. I think you bring an intensity and awareness to these boards that is refreshing. BTW, I dig your doll work, Interesting medium. Reminds me that art has it’s own soul.

Thanks redfrog.  I haven't had much time lately to post or even do a lot of art work.  That is one of the reasons that the negativity here annoys me.  I don't need it right now.  Between work, my health, sick parents, sick kids I want to visit somewhere where I don't have to watch my back and every word I write.  So I have been hanging out on knitting sites.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 1:31AM #42
Wolfscout1

Apr 22, 2009 -- 8:59AM, giertruidis wrote:

Right.  This board was and is no longer a safe place to share ones journeys, ones pains or joys or discoveries.  It was not intended to be a place where on had to justify what we called onesself or how we practiced or what we believed.   Once upon a time it was a place of support and learning, not a place where we kicked new people in the teeth for daring to use the term shaman.

As far as I am concerned it never will be safe again.

I agree with this statement. This forum was the only place left as an online forum/community  that was comfortable at one time.  Now there are none.  It's not pleasant to know that no longer do I care to share what I do with others or have to consider what replies will be put forth etc.  So understanding that new people to the board would hesitate to post after reading some of what is there  is very understandable.

~ Larry  ~//~ Wolfscout.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 1:25PM #43
Redfrog777

So if so many felt unsafe because of some of the posters here. What is/was keeping you/anyone from speaking up at the time???? 

If you like posting here then you have to own the forum,too. 

It's damn silly that folks are afraid to post because they don't feel safe? If there is a hostile/violent/ disruptive element. Then speak up and deal with it, if the majority hold the space together. Then on single poster can ruin it for the rest. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 1:32PM #44
giertruidis

We did - endlessly and got stomped on.  

It is called bullying

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 03, 2009 - 2:42PM #45
Redfrog777

I didn't see that so much. I know that I pitched a huge bitch and got no support to back me up. After a little while a few voices began to speak up. But that was late in the game, and ineffective.

What would happen if folks spoke up to the self appointed and really held there ground? What if when a troll jumps in and really starts pushing there weight around, posters took them to task?

One of the reason's I pitched such a bitch. Is because there are a lot of folks out there who are more then happy to tell you that you ain't this and you ain't that. Cuz I got's the blood and you don't. So any thing that you think you are doing is just bull shit. I'm not going to roll over for that crap. I know who I am and I know where I come from I know the prices that I have paid. I don't answer to some disembodied fat head who thinks he's the end all of shamanism. 

I ain't saying that folks don't have a right to disagree with each other. But I am saying that if someone is really bullying another poster, if you want these forums to be safe then you have to speak up and call the bully out. Abuse is abuse, if you see it then say so. Also where are the Mod's?? Certain posters should have been kicked off B-net for there conduct. I don't mean a slap on the wrist warning. I mean if the abuse keep happening, then that poster needs to be bared from the site. 

I don't know I just think it's a sad thing people don't feel safe but then they don't take step up to make it a safe place. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 05, 2009 - 11:20PM #46
Redfrog777

How sad is that??????? For all of the regulars that are still lurking in the shadows no one has anything worth saying? 

I have seen a lot of knowledge and wisdom presented on these forums. There is a lot of really good solid help and direction that has been made available to the newbees. 

But now because one or two big mouths that folks were scared to stand up to are gone, ya'll are afraid to speak? 

What kinda of shaman are you that you can't face the boogie man? 

Come on if you want a safe and honoring place to post and share, well for crying out loud own it!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 08, 2009 - 5:38PM #47
giertruidis

I have no problems facing bogiemen (or women) however I do have limited amount of time and energy and I am not wasting it doing the job the moderator should be doing.  At this point in my life I have to chose my battles wisely.  My family comes first.

I come to boards like this to be recharged not to be rundown.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 12:08AM #48
TheWhiteHart

Apr 23, 2009 -- 3:50PM, whirlinggal wrote:

WH--I would be very interested in where you feel you saw a declaration that this is a 'Harner board"?

That's a very disturbing impression for anyone to be given on this board and I'd like to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for info.

In one of your posts, where you were fighting with Ten Lions, and trying to tell him to leave. And before you ask, no, I cannot tell you which board, thread or post, as it has been months. I just remember being somewhat surprised at the time, and thus picked up one of Harner's books to see what he was about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 12:11AM #49
TheWhiteHart

Apr 22, 2009 -- 8:54PM, giertruidis wrote:

You should expect there to be challenge and learn to counter it with something other than hostility if you wish others to take you seriously. It is often through strife that we truly grow and come to know ourselves and the journey to perfection is more important than the attaining of it.

That  is what debate boards are for, besides there is enough of the stress & strife in real life.  Hostility is what seems to have become bNets second name.  

True, it is what debate boards are for, but don't rely on them to shield you entirely. Hostility has always been a part of nearly every board here on the site, as when people are truely passionate about something, they tend to get emotional.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  May 10, 2009 - 12:19AM #50
TheWhiteHart

Apr 22, 2009 -- 8:57PM, giertruidis wrote:

If you would bemoan anything, bemoan hypocrisy.

Right, so lets here about your inner journeys and all your meaningfull expressions.  How about sharing from your deep inner self instead of just critiqueing everyone else.  Start a thread and share for a change.

I am not a 'shaman' nor do I believe that I have ever portrayed myself as such. I am, however, an animist and my own religious practices do include various techniques or 'tools' as some call it here, that are similar to those that people here describe. Some of these things are oathbound in my Tradition, and cannot be spoken of. Some were learned nearly 30 years ago when I first became involved in 'other' spiritualities and was first introduced to the Metaphysical community. Out of body experiences, 'journeying', communing with the elements are all things that I have experienced or been taught about at some point in that time period.

I do not tend to talk on most of your threads, and there are those which I have no interest in. The ones in which I have, have dealt mainly with issues of conflict or integrity.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook