Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Salaam, I am a new Christian from a Muslim Backround
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 12:02PM #1
Trinityistruth

Salaam, I am a new Christian from a Muslim Backround and I am an Arab-American. I love being an Evangelical Christian and my relationship with the lord Jesus Christ and the rest of the trinity. Thank you and I look forward to more posts and getting to know friends who believe in the lord also.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2009 - 8:21PM #2
kwd111

Let me just welcome you again.

Please share how you came about the receiving of salvation?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 03, 2009 - 10:12PM #3
Anesis

Welcome to both Trinityistruth as well as loveontheair. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, but it's nice you've joined us! I hope to see you more often. Feel free to start up or join any of the conversations.

An

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2009 - 10:05AM #4
miami-ted

Hello,

It is good to have you around and I hope that you feel welcome.

God bless.

In Christ, Ted

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2009 - 11:47AM #5
k-bearsmom

THANK YOU Trinityistruth for telling us about your "new life in Christ" ! ! !

It is wonderful and I personally want to jump up and down in JOY when I hear about someone coming to the Lord.

Someone once told me that all the angels rejoice in Heaven when this happens...and although it MAY not be the truth...I love to think they do.

I KNOW that God rejoices.

Many blessings to you...KBM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2009 - 10:35AM #6
muslimartist

If you consider being Muslim as being the opposite of Jesus, then please, allow me to educate you on Islam a little.

Muslims believe in and revere Jesus, Son of Mary. 

We believe in all the same prophets as the Jews and Christians believe in, hence, Islam is an all-encompassment of Monotheistic religions.

We believe in the God of Abraham, and consider him the father of monotheism, being that his 2 sons, Isaac and Ismail, are from whom Judaism and Islam descended from.

Wishing you all the best, in peace.

MA.

Mar 3, 2009 -- 12:42PM, loveontheair wrote:

Greetings in Christ Jesus!

You realize that you're a infidel now right? It's wonderful you have left the opposite of Jesus! Embrace Him, read His Word and fill your heart with song and praise. Thank you for your Testimony.

love

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 6:27AM #7
miami-ted

Hello Ma,

Agreed on all that you have said, but the one point of disagreement is that you don't believe Jesus' words, even though you revere him as a prophet, that he is the only way to the Father.  Most of your faith that I have mentioned this to have claimed that these words have been added to the Scriptures by some interloper.  While they may believe this, God has given me ample proofs throughout the Scriptures that it is not so.  Just as there are many of the world who 'believe' that evolution is the answer to how we got here, why it has even been'scientifically' proven, I also stand firmly convinced that evolution is also not the truth.  Again, because God has given me ample proof that it just isn't so either.  Yes, I understand that most muslims don't agree with evolutionary theory either.

Another sad reality is that in the majority of muslim faith countries of the middle east for anyone to deny that faith and accept another they must be set to endure great persecution which is the opposite of what Jesus foreknew for his disciples.  Jesus said that those who believed in him would endure great persecution and that if we were like the world then the world would love us, but as it is they hate us because they hated him first.  So you see that following Jesus even in a muslim family or environment still brings to the follower the persecutions even unto death that Jesus foretold.  Muslims also believe in furthering their religion by force, Jesus did not.  Faith in God was kept by force until Jesus came.  God himself forced Abraham's descendents to continue that faith because it was for a great and awesome purpose, but once Jesus came then, as the Scriptures foretell, God's gospel became the 'gospel of peace'.  For it is now a man's choice what to believe.  "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time." declares the Lord.  "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts.  I will be their God and they will be my people.  No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' for they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest." declares the Lord.

Jesus told us that up until this time (his coming) the gospel had been forcefully advancing.  In other words God had been making it continue and that is because God had a greater purpose and that purpose was that ever since the days of Abraham, God had promised to use his descendents to bring in the Messiah.  Had God not continued to raise up prophets and guard and protect Israel they would have long since gone over to other gods, but God continued to work through them to bring about His perfect plan and all of this can be understood by reading the Old Testament.  However, once the plan was complete, as Jesus said, "It is finished!" then the hard work, as Jesus told his disciples, had been done and now it was a matter of explaining all of the truth just as God had caused it to be written about Jesus and allow the Holy Spirit of God to work within a man's heart to bring him to repentance for his sin and salvation for his soul.

My friend there are no virgins awaiting you.  There is no glorious hope in front of you.  It is only through Jesus and his list of names written in the 'Lamb's Book of LIfe' that any of us will be granted eternal life to live with God where there will be peace and provision for all of our needs just as God provides peace and provision for all of His angels.  Jesus even confirmed that in many ways we will be just like the angels.  We will not have their bodies, but we will live similar lives. Lives that glorify Him as He sustains us through eternity.  Sexual union will not even be a part of the eternal existence.  Sexual union is a part of this life, virgins to wait on a man's every beck and call is a desire of this life.  The eternal life will be one in which day and night we will give glory to God.  However, know this, we will not miss these things either for God has promised that there will be no more tears and no more sorrow.

As I have said, God has given ample proofs through His word and through His people Israel who the Messiah is and what faith in him will provide.  Hopefully you will be able to see this if you study the true Word and flee from false prophets and heresies.  However, I will completely understand if you are unable to do that.  God's word says that Satan has blinded the eyes of the unbeliever so that they cannot see and come to Him for their salvation. 

"Behold, I am coming soon!  Ny reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the End."

"Blessed ar those who wash, their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.  Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood."

"I Jesus have sent my angle to give you this testimony for the churches.  I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Believe it, my friend.

God bless you and my encouragement to you is to go to God, not Allah, and ask Him to give you a sign.

I will remain, In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 7:24AM #8
Naimah973

Let me ask you a question   where in the Bible does it talk about the TRINITY ? Where does it say that GOD is our Father? iS GOD not a jealous God? Does HE not want ALL the praise power &glory? Then why would HE want you his servants to go to someone else to get to Him when you can go straight to Him ?????I was brought up in a Catholic church & I went to a Catholic school where they taught the trinity but even as a little girl those things did'nt make sense to me because of some of the questions that I raised earlier. answer one more thing for me if JESUS is part of a trinity then who was he praying to each & every time that he prayed ?     HIMSELF ? Brother only Allah makes muslims offer dua & return to that which you know is right. AsSalaamu-Alaikum

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 8:50AM #9
miami-ted

Good morning Naimah,

You ask:  Where does it say that GOD is our Father?

In Matthews gospel chapter 6 Jesus is teaching us how to pray and what to say and he says, "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.  Then your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.  And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

"This then is how you should pray:  'Our Father...'

"If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if  you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Teaching such is this is all over the New Testament and most often taught by Jesus, your prophet, himself.  Paul gives one of the greatest teachings concerning this, apart from Jesus' own words,

"Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it.  For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.  For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him(the Spirit of God) we cry "Abba", Father."  The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children"

Here you have the whole teaching in a nutshell of the trinity of God and it was being taught to the believers, all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints.  Paul is speaking and telling us that it is by God's Spirit that we love God in such a manner that we can cry in the most endearing term that was known in that day of how a child would call his father, "Abba!'   Now, I like you do not understand all of the truth of how the three persons of the trinity are physically interrelated, but I do know that God's word teaches very simply that our salvation is made possible through three separate and distinct persons.  God the Father, Jesus, the Son, and our daily counselor, the Holy Spirit.

I have a dear friend in Miami where I used to live and she is a wonderful christian friend who was raised in the catholic tradition.  Somewhere in her mid 30's she began to worship with the baptist fellowship.  I met her when she was in her late 60's through our shared fellowship at the time and she always told me, when I would encourage people to read God's word for themselves that they might understand for themselves what God desired of them, that that was one of the issues that she found so awesome when she left the catholic tradition for the baptist fellowship of believers.  The catholic tradition places very little emphasis in one's knowing God's word for themselves and rather teaches that you need to trust that the pope and all the other fine dignitaries of that faith have rightly discerned God's word.  In fact that has been the catholic stance, while not so heralded these days, since it's inception in the early first centuries  I tell you this so that you will understand that it is not completely your fault that you don't understand some of these most simple teachings of Jesus.  If you will read and study God's word for yourself rather than rely on the 'interpretation' of others you will find that God's word answers all of the questions you have posed.

For example, you ask also:  answer one more thing for me if JESUS is part of a trinity then who was he praying to each & every time that he prayed ?

Jesus prayed to the Father, God.  You see my friend there are three that make our salvation possible.  It is by God's power and authority and eternal plan that those who trust in His Son shall receive the gift of eternal life.  It is by Jesus' sacrifice for our sin as a spotless, unblemished lamb that God is able to cover our sin.  It is by the indwelling guidance and conviction of the Holy Spirit by which we continue to grow and persevere till we receive the hope of our faith.  They are all a part of God's great plan of salvation and all of the New Testament authors understood this. 

Jesus, your prophet, told us that after he ascended into heaven God would send the comforter, the Holy Spirit to be with us.  All these things are written that you may know the way to eternal life.  Do not be deceived, my friend, their are false religions and false teachings a dine a dozen and this is why God has taken 1500 years and interspersed His word with prophecy; that we may discern truth from error.

May He give you this day a sign of which way you should go.  He is merciful and wants nothing more than to forgive us and draw us to Him as a chick gathers her nestlings, but we, too, are hard-hearted and blinded by the truth by the ruler of this age.

God bless you Naimah and may He be merciful to you today.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2009 - 9:09AM #10
miami-ted

BTW, Naimah,

You bring up one of the great mysteries of God.  You see, in your faith you can't love Allah in a manner that denotes the love a child has for his father when he cries 'abba'.  Allah is a very hard god who claims to provide protection but nevertheless is very harsh.  He is a slave master.  On the other hand, the God that Jesus portrays for us.  He loves those who love him and that love is represented as the deepest love that we mere mortals can even imagine.  There is no equivalent love represented by any earthly relationship between two people that truly is equal to the love that God and His children share, but the best example is what Paul explained for us.  We cry 'Abba', Father.

Our God is not a hard task master, but rather a loving parent.  He provides good things for His children.  He loves them with a love that we just can't really fathom, but it is a love that gives comfort and peace to those who choose to accept it and return it to Him. You see I love God more than I love my mother or father.  I love God more than I love any person standing today.  I know that He is with me and that He watches over my way.  Just as David wrote in his song to God so many centuries ago and I will paraphrase here.  If I don't follow the ways of sinners by standing with them and I don't walk with the wicked or sit with those who mock Him, but rather turn my eyes to Him and continually meditate on all that He has told me; then he will make my life to prosper and He will watch over me just as a loving father watches over his loved child.  The greatest difference between the God of Jesus and the god of Muhammed is love.  Don't miss it!

God bless.

In Christ, Ted.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook