Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Working With Insects
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 4:32PM #1
Whisperingal
I know that some here have said they work with insects--and some also say they have one or more Insects as Teachers/Allies/Guides.

I saw a fascinaing documentary on PBS last night titled "Master of the Killer Ants."

It is a combination scientific discussion of life cycles and the way that the Mofu People of Cameroon work with the various Insects that share their world.

It also shows how the Mofu work with their Ancestors for the continuing welfare of their community.

I'll come back with the link to the site and some other info.

Has anyone else seen this program? It is in the "Nova" series and it has an almost magical aura to it that I feel creates a good feel for some kinds of Shamanic work.

Also it is very respectful of the Mofu People and their practices and  beliefs.

(and the cinematography is brilliant)
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 4:35PM #2
Whisperingal
Here are some links--

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ants/

this is the link to the main page for rhe documentary--it contains links to other info and to podcasts etc.

Check your local PBS station's listings for this week--I think this is being repeated in many areas.

It's about 50 minutes long and well worth the time.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 6:10PM #3
Whisperingal
I'd be interested in anyone who has worked with Insects.

I've worked with Praying Mantis and Beetle  and Wasp among others.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 6:47PM #4
Moonsmith
I've seen the program. It was quite nice.

I have and still do work with Ant,  Spider, Ladybug, and many others. They are a sort of staple where I live. hard to miss them in the desert.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2009 - 6:53PM #5
Redfrog777
I have had a few instances where I have come across honeybees in the journey worlds. These few have been encouraging as a possible working relationship but nothing yet.
I recently underwent a journey where at one point I was doing some serious purging. During this process I had visions of an electric rainbow spider with a pulsating egg sack being ejected. As well as an intense green and red mantis????? There was a lot of emotional purging as well. I got the impression that these two were not helping the situation.
Interesting after this journey, that was last Sat. night. I am having a severe sour throat? My intuition tells me that my journey has something to do with it. What that is right now I am not sure?
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 6:52PM #6
Shihulud
My power animal is the moth. I haven't really worked with other insects besides that so I'm not sure what else to compare it to, or exactly what you want to know about working with them. I haven't yet watched the documentary you referenced.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 6:52PM #7
Shihulud
My power animal is the moth. I haven't really worked with other insects besides that so I'm not sure what else to compare it to, or exactly what you want to know about working with them. I haven't yet watched the documentary you referenced.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 4:28AM #8
Whisperingal
I've worked with a number of different kinds of Bees--especially hekping them relocate so they don't get killed by human "extgerminators."

I've also done some work with helping humans understand that bees are helping us--and are not 'the enemy."

Most people respond positively when they hear how much Bees do to help humans grow food.

When I lived  near a number of Citrus trees--when they were in bloom I would stand in the midst of the trees and feel the Bees go flying around me on their way to collect the Citrus nectar.

It's a unique feeling and not something I recommend for everyone to try. You really have to be in synch with Bees to allow them--and for them to allow you--to do this.

Among my fave Bees are the big black shiny Carpenter Bees--they are solitaries and often have their nests in pieces of rotted wood in the ground. They really love to buzz around you as they make their way into and out of  nectar-bearing blossoms on trees.

Their energetic and lumbering playfullness always makes me smile.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 4:48AM #9
Wolfscout1
I have worked with dragonfly before.  There are several species nearby because of the creeks and the koi ponds so I see them often.
I learned that dragonfly is symbolic of dreamtime and of illusion, seeing past perceptions/illusions to true reality.  A negative aspect of the dragonfly is whether you must question yourself to see if you are being fooled into beleiving something that is not true.   
There's the whole idea of flight and what that could mean in journeying. Two or more dragonflies chasing each other around is such great fun to watch. 
just for fun facts... :
Their emergence from the water after a year , from nymph to adult, where they only live about a month.
They only flap their wings at about 30 beats per second (bps) compared to a bee’s 300 bps.

Have a wonderful day. ~ Wolfscout.
~ Larry  ~//~ Wolfscout.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2009 - 4:58AM #10
Whisperingal
Wolfscout--hi.

I got to know Dragonfly well when I lived near a wash. They are sooo  beautiful when they zip around in the bright desert sunlight!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook