Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Cycle of YIN and YANG in a day, some info for all internal arts and taoism practition
9 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2009 - 4:24PM #1
MengTzu

Whisperingal wrote:

No--you just said "My master" without telling us who tht is.

Is there a problem with letting us know where your info comes from?

Sorry to budge into the conversation.  He actually mentioned that, in addition to learning from his master, the information is found in Wen Kup Chut Chim, or Yun Ji Qi Qian in Mandarin.  Written in the Song dynasty, the Yun Ji Qi Qian is a very comprehensive work that discusses a wide range of Daoist topics.

If I ever have time, I might try to translate some portions of this work, as it is quite a treasure trove for both practitioners and scholars who are interested into looking into the details of Daoism.

As to the hours of the day: this information is fairly well-circulated as it is important for the practice of Neidan.  It might also be involved in the practice of Qigong outside of the context of Daoism as well.

Just wanted to point out something that was overlooked.  Please understand that I'm not trying to speak up for Mak.  I think he might be doing more bad than good by rudely dismissing people who have questions.  I hope what he is doing isn't pushing people away from wanting to learn more about Daoism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2009 - 5:59AM #2
Whisperingal
Meng--hi--I'm glad you were able to glean that--and I mean that literally--from what he's said.

I've read most of his posts here and have looked extensively at his website--until it's given me a quite nasty headache--and all I can see are vague assertions and some rudeness--

and a LOT of ads for his "products."

I actually learned more about him from a review someone did of his temple than I did from anything he's said.

IMO Kilgore's above post is right on target.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook