Switch to Forum Live View Searching for a Better God?
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 12:51PM #1
zoecarnate
Hi all - I wanted to bring your attention to Searching for a Better God by L'Abri/Francis Schaeffer Institute leader and Trinity Presbyterian pastor Wade Bradshaw. While I'm not 'Reformed' myself, I engage respectfully with the book here, wrestling with where our images of God come from and why they matter.

I'd love your feedback!

Mike
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2008 - 12:51PM #2
zoecarnate
Hi all - I wanted to bring your attention to Searching for a Better God by L'Abri/Francis Schaeffer Institute leader and Trinity Presbyterian pastor Wade Bradshaw. While I'm not 'Reformed' myself, I engage respectfully with the book here, wrestling with where our images of God come from and why they matter.

I'd love your feedback!

Mike
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 28, 2009 - 6:39PM #3
soma77

Thanks for the recommendation. Another book that is good is Evolution of Consciousness by John Kuykendall.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 4:28PM #4
CalKnox

There is no better God than the true and living God who reveals himself in Creation and Providence, and better still, his Word.  We are dead in trespasses and sins, unable to find him.  But, he sends his Son, the Holy Spirit, and his Word to find his elect, making us new creatures able to see, understand, know and turst.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook