Switch to Forum Live View Our Body- Temple of the Holy Spirit
5 years ago  ::  Nov 02, 2008 - 4:08PM #1
imsavedru
What does this mean to you?

I want to ask each of you how accountable or strongly you feel about eating habits honoring God.
Personally, I eat lots of fruits, veggies, and other healthy foods not just because I think it tastes good, but I distinctly make the decision at each meal to fuel my body with those things that would promote a healthy mind as well as physical body so that I am prepared to serve in any capacity in which I am called by the Lord or the members of our congregation.

Each Sunday I see many sickly or weakened christians asking for prayers for healing and for wisdom for their doctors in treating them - while continuing to eat those things that are (for them) deadly. For instance, a diabetic who continues to eat the sugar foods that they are taking insulin to control, the obese person saying they have knee and back problems while continuing to eat the steady "fried" diet and food at the desert table that promotes more weight gain. I used to work with a thin woman who had 3 heart attacks, gall bladder surgury, polyps on her uterus, and kidney stones and yet indulges in fast food every day while frustrated that her health is not getting better through her medication.

Is anyone else convicted in this area for themselves? Are you concerned about christians neglect ing their bodies while asking God for the blessing of health? How strongly do you agree or disagree with this?

C
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook