Switch to Forum Live View Creating a Holistic Spiritual Community in Your Area
6 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2008 - 7:25PM #11
nelly57
are you in n.j?nelly57
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2008 - 10:23AM #12
spiritalk
I live in Toronto, Canada.  I bet you could find some good help through the NSAC in your state.

www.nsac.org
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2008 - 3:14AM #13
NothingButLove
I have paid for a table at a Psychic fair in my area, hoping to meet up with others who may be interested in meeting to discuss books, or possibly meditation. It was only $100 for the two days, and I will have a sign up list available for folks that are interested. As I have a pretty large library of spiritual books, it may interest some folks.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2008 - 9:53AM #14
spiritalk
From someone who is burned out on psychic fairs, I can tell you that is not the atmosphere you will find - unfortunately.  The psychic fairs are all about money and who is making it.  There are jealousies and backbiting galore.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2008 - 4:01AM #15
TigersEyeDowsing
Gotta start somewhere, NBL.  Best of luck.
Churchianity, by substituting creed for Christ and dogma instead of the divine facts of being, has stripped Love of her royal robes and has left her standing an unheeded beggar in the universe of God. - Rev. W. John Murray
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2008 - 1:51PM #16
marty85911
Hi Starchild. Your post is a little dated but It is interesting to me. I too have been thinking about how to create a group in our community that would bring together other seekers in dialogue and fellowship. My community is small and fragmented, with many spiritual-minded, not so religious people. Unfortunately these kinds of people, New age and non-religious spiritual folks have the same problems as religious folks. They seem to only want to associate with like-minded people who mirror their own beliefs. The ol' comfort zone syndrome.... 

I suggest starting a group but keep it broad in focus. Maybe in a Unity church setting, or someone's home with a video showing and potluck. There is a website called www.meetup.com that has lots of community group advice. While many of these groups end up flopping there is lots to learn. There should be an "entertainment" factor to continually attract people to a community group meeting. This can be food, inspirational, informative video etc.. Also "someone" needs to be in charge to prevent attention-seekers from taking over. An agenda helps.

Great topic.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2010 - 12:47PM #17
lisa

I am so glad you aked that question. I wouldn't mind being the leader, but i wouldn't know where to start. I am moving to a small town and when I called their town hall about obtaining a business license for tarot reading, her response was "i don't think that is allowed here". I found later, where my prporty is, I won't need a busness licenseCool Anyway, my intent is to bring the communiy and those surrounding towns to the awareness of spirit. Not have it force-fed, merely introduced.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook