Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Seeking a Taoist Instructor/Master
9 years ago  ::  Jun 19, 2008 - 12:08AM #1
macegruvy
Hello all;

I am looking for a Taoist Master to assist me on my path.

I am located in St. Louis MO. and would like someone to assist me in continuing my journey down the path.

I have read and studied the Tao, and feel that I am now ready to go to the next step in my path toward truth.

If anyone could suggest someone that would be willing to assist me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Jul 17, 2008 - 4:52PM #2
luke643
this is the great trouble of taoist adherence. 

I have not found a teacher either, and I live in NYC and have been looking for years.  most chinese here are buddhist centered.  There is a taoist temple here, but it is largely indigenous style local stuff, not esoteric.

first I would suggest expanding your library.  What are you reading?  I can give suggestions but give me an idea of your sources at the moment.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 6:38PM #3
Eisenhans

Jun 19, 2008 -- 12:08AM, macegruvy wrote:

Hello all;  I am looking for a Taoist Master to assist me on my path.  I am located in St. Louis MO. and would like someone to assist me in continuing my journey down the path.  I have read and studied the Tao, and feel that I am now ready to go to the next step in my path toward truth.  If anyone could suggest someone that would be willing to assist me, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, James

Well, you could ask my teacher if he'll assist you on your path.  He's pretty friendly and energetic, so I think he'll be open to your questions.  He's Mak Jo Si on this forum.

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook