Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2008 - 2:15AM #11
Jcarlinbn

BillThinks4Himself wrote:

We need a few atheists with the serenity of a Dalai Lama.  We need folks who have time to talk about why they are what they are, but just barely, because they're really busy living.

I suspect you will have to chase them down in their blogs.  The Atheist Blogroll  might be a place to start.  I haven't really vetted it, too busy living, beliefnetting, blogging, working, staying in shape,  keeping family obligations,  singing,  keeping up with old friends and family all over the US, crossing off a few remaining items on the life todo list, etc (to cover all I have not noticed.)

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2008 - 2:44PM #12
BillThinks4Himself
[QUOTE=jcarlinbn;562304]I suspect you will have to chase them down in their blogs.  The Atheist Blogroll  might be a place to start.  I haven't really vetted it, too busy living, beliefnetting, blogging, working, staying in shape,  keeping family obligations,  singing,  keeping up with old friends and family all over the US, crossing off a few remaining items on the life todo list, etc (to cover all I have not noticed.)
[/QUOTE]

I can see how miserable you are without God.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2008 - 1:37AM #13
Jcarlinbn

BillThinks4Himself wrote:

I can see how miserable you are without God.

Yeah, I really feel empty and lost. 

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 13, 2008 - 10:12PM #14
Blü
Bill

Perhaps you're right.

We get so used to deconstructing the religious paradigms that people thrust at us on Bnet that the shape of the argument is nearly always formal propositions that expressly appeal to reason.

So how does your brief to the advertising agency read?

Simply dressed couple walking down a street in sunlight.

As they approach a church it gets cloudy, starts to rain.

A funeral is taking place, attended by Beautiful People, and the very rich, and their limos.

Pan to their faces and body language, conveying terror of death and as a result handing large notes to the minister.

Couple look at each other in surprise, shrug, walk past with gentle smiles and back into the sunlight.

Caption: Thank goodness for atheism!

or maybe -

Gorgeous minimally-clad young lady about to get into bed.

Her intended partner is fussing, anxious, finally gets up, puts on formal clothes, says he has to go to church.

Gorgeous minimally-clad young lady shrugs, watches him go, rings someone else.

Caption:  Thank goodness for atheists!

What do you have in mind?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook