Switch to Forum Live View Observational and Sensory Theology
6 years ago  ::  May 29, 2008 - 11:13PM #1
Theses95
Sorry evangelicals but there is more to knowing God than what is contained in the Holy Scriptures.  Paul makes it very clear that all that may be known about God is clearly evident through the created works of God.  This complete picture of God as presented to every man is so complete and so simple that no man has any excuse whatsoever for a failure to comprehend and know God. 

Imagine that you have entered a very large art gallery containing all of the artwork from the master artists of the last 1,000 years.  As you observe and move about these magnificent objects you are in awe of the skill of the artisans who produced such works.....then, it gets even better.  The art work comes alive.  No longer are figures constrained by the bonds of paint and canvas.  No longer are the marble figures constrained by the solid form of their origin.  The art comes alive before your eyes and moves, breathes, smells, hears, sees, feels and tastes.....and it is there to interact with YOU!  All art is a reflection of its creator and this artwork speaks to you as it moves and breathes around you.  It reflects its creator and you begin to know the artist from the artwork.

Sound fanciful?  Only if your mind is locked shut and your eyes are painfully closed.  God shouts out to us all that He is.  He shouts out to us His traits and invites us to experience Him moment by moment, day by day in the context of His ever-present art room.....the created world.  This is the first Theology, OBSERVATIONAL THEOLOGY!  Through observational theology we come to know and experience God through observation of His designs and created works.  As we move deeper into this study of God, we can experience God in real time.....moment by moment.....in a conversational and very comfortable manner. 

I have tried and tried to find a way NOT to acknowlege God through observational theology.....not because I wanted to deny God....but because I was testing to find out how thorough and how complete Observational Theology truly is as a mechanism for continual communion with God. 

I just walked back into the house after a long walk in the dark.  The fragrance of the flowering Iris is phenonimal in the chilly, dark  air of the night.  Things like this can be a spiritual experience....indeed they were meant to be a spiritual experience.  The Artist will not be denied!

Would anyone like to share any experiences with observational theology?.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2008 - 2:53PM #2
tessalynne
Since a child, I have always felt the closeness of my spirit when I was close to nature, the more so when in a meditative state.  I believe it is the qualities of nature, the sights, sounds, aromas, the air itself, that if we allow them into our awareness we allow access to our spirit.  I also see it as an atavistic response to earlier lifetimes and a primal reconnecting with the beginnings of the human race.  It was the realization that I was closer to the Creator walking in the woods than I would often feel in church that led me to infrequent attendance.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2008 - 10:31AM #3
spiritalk
We are nature too - human nature.  Being a part of the whole helps us find the whole of ourselves within.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 21, 2008 - 10:31AM #4
spiritalk
We are nature too - human nature.  Being a part of the whole helps us find the whole of ourselves within.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook