Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

10 years ago  ::  May 10, 2008 - 6:18PM #1
buyanbodhi
Greetingings, everyone. I am still studying, as always, and now learning the Dao de Jing in Chinese, though my pronunciation is somewhat off, I'm sure. I have not been able to find a complete audio recording of it in Chinese, just one that gives me four chapters in Mandarin, and they are recited very rapidly. So I'm left trying to extrapolate the rest from those four chapters, and from the Mandarin I'm learning elsewhere. And I'm still trying to find a Master online or locally who will be my teacher. I tried studying with Master Hua-Ching Ni, who is supposed to be very good but the program fell apart after I completed the first course and I never even got my certificate for the work that I did. I don't care about such things but one never know when one might have to produce credentials, other SAYING one studied with Master Ni. And I'm looking for a community,of necessity online right now, though who knows. I am also still struggling with the vicissitudes of MS and RSD. I'm currently out of remission with both and miss being able to pray at my altar but can't sit on the ground. So I pray and meditate in bed and go between reading The Taoist Inner View of the Universe and the Immortal Realm ( A Master Ni book) and The Heart of Compassion by Dilgo Khyentse. My husband is also out of remission with diabetes and MS; he recently shut his butsodan and wouldn't let me open it to renew to cup of tea for the Buddha or check the cups of water. I am very troubled by this but he refuses to talk about it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2008 - 9:35AM #2
Paulapuddephatt
Hi!  I am looking for more information on Taoist Christianity.  Do Taoists believe that the Holy Ghost is female?  I am interested in this, as I believe in The Trinity of Christianity, but also that there is a female side to God or a Goddess.  I am already combining different belief systems: mainly progressive Christianity, earth-based Paganism and Buddhism.  I read recently on a B'net group that Taoist Christians believe that the Holy Ghost/Spirit is female and I really want to find out more, and also about Taoism in general.  If you can offer anymore info, please either reply on this thread, or better still, make me a Beliefnet friend and send me an email.  I am interested in all faiths, and believe that all contain truth and wisdom.

Blessings,

Paula.

xxx
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2008 - 9:35AM #3
Paulapuddephatt
Hi!  I am looking for more information on Taoist Christianity.  Do Taoists believe that the Holy Ghost is female?  I am interested in this, as I believe in The Trinity of Christianity, but also that there is a female side to God or a Goddess.  I am already combining different belief systems: mainly progressive Christianity, earth-based Paganism and Buddhism.  I read recently on a B'net group that Taoist Christians believe that the Holy Ghost/Spirit is female and I really want to find out more, and also about Taoism in general.  If you can offer anymore info, please either reply on this thread, or better still, make me a Beliefnet friend and send me an email.  I am interested in all faiths, and believe that all contain truth and wisdom.

Blessings,

Paula.

xxx
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 8:52PM #4
Eisenhans

Nov 12, 2008 -- 9:35AM, Paulapuddephatt wrote:

Hi!  I am looking for more information on Taoist Christianity.

There is no such thing. 

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2011 - 9:00PM #5
Eisenhans

May 10, 2008 -- 6:18PM, buyanbodhi wrote:

Greetingings, everyone. I am still studying, as always, and now learning the Dao de Jing in Chinese, though my pronunciation is somewhat off, I'm sure. I have not been able to find a complete audio recording of it in Chinese, just one that gives me four chapters in Mandarin, and they are recited very rapidly. So I'm left trying to extrapolate the rest from those four chapters, and from the Mandarin I'm learning elsewhere. And I'm still trying to find a Master online or locally who will be my teacher. I tried studying with Master Hua-Ching Ni, who is supposed to be very good but the program fell apart after I completed the first course and I never even got my certificate for the work that I did. I don't care about such things but one never know when one might have to produce credentials, other SAYING one studied with Master Ni. And I'm looking for a community,of necessity online right now, though who knows. I am also still struggling with the vicissitudes of MS and RSD. I'm currently out of remission with both and miss being able to pray at my altar but can't sit on the ground. So I pray and meditate in bed and go between reading The Taoist Inner View of the Universe and the Immortal Realm ( A Master Ni book) and The Heart of Compassion by Dilgo Khyentse. My husband is also out of remission with diabetes and MS; he recently shut his butsodan and wouldn't let me open it to renew to cup of tea for the Buddha or check the cups of water. I am very troubled by this but he refuses to talk about it.

Uh oh.... no wonder you're in such bad health! 

First of all, "Master" Ni is a new-ager, not a Taoist.  Yes, I know he supposedly came from China and all that, but his books are new-age propaganda to the core.

If you're praying at an altar that wasn't opened by a Taoist master, then your prayers are going to be picked up by an evil god. 

When you pray to an evil god, you're saying to him/her, "I want to be your person." 

They of course gladly accept your gracious offer.

But now they can take anything they want from you, whenever they want, and for as long as they want -- never once asking for your permission... because you now "belong" to the evil god as a resource. 

It looks to me like they've been taking your health.  They may also be taking your love luck. 

If you ask my advice, I say dump all the new-age book and ideas, wipe your mind clean....  Mak Jo Si can help you with the exorcism end of this if you're open to it.

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook