Switch to Forum Live View What is Spirituality?
7 years ago  ::  May 01, 2008 - 11:17PM #1
passionate-soul
I have been searching for an answer to that question for more than 10 years now.  As a result of this journey, I’ve assembled a collection of thoughts about spiritual growth I would like to share with you.  I believe they are truthful to the best of my knowledge, and can be of genuine help to others.  They are a little more than I can post here, so I put them on my own website for easy viewing: www.InsightfulJourney.org (click on link).  I would very much like to know what you think.

Sincerely, Frank
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 03, 2008 - 2:11AM #2
Spiritual_Forestry
Frank, I enjoyed your article and would like to see you expand your thoughts on the "Default Path" "Spiritual Lessons"-Paradigm.  You've inspired me and I can tell you have a lot more to say that I know everyone would be interested in. Thank You for sharing your spirit.
                                                                                            -Spiritual_Forestry
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  May 03, 2008 - 11:09PM #3
passionate-soul
Thank you for visiting my website, and for your kind words about my article.

As far as spiritual paths are concerned, any event in world history in which a situation got worse before it became better is an example of learning a lesson passively (vs. proactively) and relying on the default spiritual path.  A classic example of this is the US Civil War.  Slavery is a social and moral injustice, and to perpetuate it is profoundly wrong.  Yet the south clutched to it with all of their might, hence the inevitable war to “resolve” the problem.  The south had to lose, and both sides unfortunately destined to learn the hard way, if they were ever to become more spiritually aligned with God’s truth regarding human rights.

There exist many spiritual levels depending on how far advanced you are.  The Dalai Lama’s path is more advanced than say, an ordinary farm hand.  In order to effectively grow, you need to follow the four tenets stated in my article: learn more about yourself, more about the needs of others, more about the natural environment in which we live, and accept Jesus Christ as your savior.  I believe just as there are different levels of spiritual development in this life, so are there in the afterlife also.  For instance, there is a corresponding level in the afterlife depending on how far along you were before you departed here.  Just because you die in this lifetime doesn’t mean you stop growing in the next.  There are an endless number of possible levels in all, culminating in God’s, with Jesus Christ second.  So learn as much as you can here spiritually and otherwise – it will help you in the next life as well.

May God bless, Frank
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook