Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Switch to Forum Live View Some problems with my UU church/UU in general
6 years ago  ::  May 19, 2008 - 2:33PM #71
new_earth
[QUOTE=ExPluribusUnum;509846]Congratulations!  I'm glad it fit you so well.  Sounds like a community I might also feel comfortable visiting.

How does this affect your affiliation with Unitarian Universalism, if at all?[/QUOTE]

From your posts that I've seen, I think it's something you would like also.

I'm not sure what I will do with UU right now. I think I am going to attend both for a while and see what happens. I have a feeling I might end up later sticking just to the RS church if I like it enough. But for now I'm going to stay with both - there are some things I want to do with my UU church, even if just to help THEM, especially regarding the "Diversity/Unity" service idea I had in the Worship Committee. The other thing is that I want my daughter to continue with the Religious Education they have there. While she learns Religious Science, she can still be learning about other religions as well, in the UU classes. I hope it doesn't confuse her, I really just want to make sure she is educated on it all and still leave her to make her own personal decision when she is older. If she does decide she really likes the RS stuff, then maybe at that point we might just stop going to UU? I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm just gonna ride with both for now and see how it plays out. The thing I am sure of is that UU alone is not really satisfying me as much as I wanted it to. Just a little too bland and secular for me :(
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 19, 2008 - 3:26PM #72
DotNotInOz

new_earth wrote:

The thing I am sure of is that UU alone is not really satisfying me as much as I wanted it to. Just a little too bland and secular for me :(

That individual UU churches often are quite bland and "one size trying to fit all" has sometimes bothered me as well.

I think I'll probably go back to being an unchurched Emersonian Transcendentalist unless I happen to find a UU church that suits me someday. Reading the essays of good ol' Ralph accompanied by a mugful of my own freshly ground and brewed coffee suits me better than having to get dressed and haul off to UU services to have only one out of every dozen or so interest me. I KNOW that Emerson will say something intriguing or challenging, and I can remain mostly horizontal while he's saying it.

Yep, the First Horizontal UU Church sure works best for me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 19, 2008 - 5:46PM #73
eklectic
[QUOTE=DotNotInOz;510092] Reading the essays of good ol' Ralph accompanied by a mugful of my own freshly ground and brewed coffee suits me better than having to get dressed and haul off to UU services to have only one out of every dozen or so interest me.[/QUOTE]

Now, if we could change that to a beer, we would have an emerging church service! :D
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 19, 2008 - 7:00PM #74
DotNotInOz
Feel free, Eklectic. I drank my lifetime's quota of that stuff while an undergraduate...most of it before I was legally old enough.

But hey, I'm all for "Progressive Horizontal Unitarian Universalism," whatever one's chosen brew. :::: chuckle :::::
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook