Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Todd Bentley, "The Florida Outpouring"
6 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2009 - 10:55PM #21
smallson
I stumbled across something on You Tube recently that really surprised me.Here's part 1 and part 2 of a Benny Hinn sermon, where he refers to the Lakeland Florida revival as a false revival! He implies that the Lakeland revival is lieing signs and wonders and that God isn't in it! He doesn't mention Todd Bently by name, but he clearly has him in mind when he sais "Not every evangelist is a true servant of God." Here's the two segments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHIUX2THGa8

http;//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym0vidNCNuk

While Benny does make some good points in his sermon, some of what he sais is very ironic if not hypocritical on his own part.For example you will hear Benny say the following :

"If I ever stood on a platform and said "I have been to heaven & seen Jesus", leave the service! If I ever said angels talked to me on a daily basis, leave the service! If I ever tell you that I have known the name of angels in glory, leave the service! If I ever tell you that I can take you to heaven with me to visit Jesus, leave the service! Yet some (please forgive me) simple minded people have sat in meetings and listened to such nonesense, of people telling them they have visited heaven and gone and talked to Abraham and had coffee with him.Where is it in the bible?"

Clearly he is refering to Todd Bentley, since he has claimed to visit heaven and seen Jesus there (which isn't unscriptural).But Benny Hinn ignores his own past controversial claims of the supernatural or Jesus appearing.I remember him having a guest on his own tv show who claimed to visit the 7th heaven (something I have never read in the bible) and yet Benny had no problem with that.It seems pretty contradictory to me and either he suffers a bad memory or is being a hypocrite.

Benny Hinn also makes this very ironic comment about certain Christian tv programs:

"Sometimes I think they air these things to get an offering!"

How ironic a statement! Considering how most people think he is in it for the money.

He also slams people who listen to nonesense at the Lakeland Outpouring.It seems to me that he doesn't have alot of room to talk.Benny himself has been guilty of spewing forth nonesense over the years, talking about Adam flying, making extreme Prosperity comments, making foolish comments in the name of prophecy and even cursing people who critisise his ministry.The bible sais to bless those who curse you, so Benny was way out of line when he did that.I'm not saying that God hasn't used Benny, because he does preach the gospel message and people have been saved through his ministry.People have been blessed and even healed at his meetings (though some will debate even this).But his preaching of the gospel has been mixed with some questionable teachings and nonesense over the years, including some teachings that are potentialy dangerous to the faith.So it seems to me that he is one of the last preachers who should be slamming others for nonesense.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 11, 2009 - 11:01PM #22
smallson
OOps! I messed up the second video link.

Here again are the two video segments of Benny Hinn's ironic sermon against Lakeland, Todd Bentley, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHIUX2THGa8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym0vidNCNuk
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 3:19AM #23
butterflynews11
Wow Smallson, the first thing that came to mind while watching the videos was, 'where did all this come from all of sudden?' hmm

It's true, and I agree with you that he made some good points. His remarks about getting into the Word of God on a daily bais to feed us spiritually is right on. And another good point he made was that signs and wonders don't prove Truth but that it's the other way around since the demonic realm can mimic the power of the Holy Spirit (paraphrase). It's also true that a lot of people do not put the 'feeling' of the Holy Spirit into perspective, but rather, that the Holy Spirit should point to the Cross of Jesus (another paraphrase).

He came down pretty hard on Todd Bentley (even though he didn't mention him by name, true,, as you said). By saying a 'certain city' in Florida had a 'false revival', it was very clear that he was talking about the Lakeland Outpouring.

Since I personally attended the revival about ten times, I can attest that people got saved and were ministered to. Street evangelism was also common. And people also recieved healing, especially inner healing that I personally witnessed and was involved in, as well as personally being delivered from demonic oppression myself. So I don't know where Benny Hinn is coming from.

There seemed to be some insincerity on his part that I picked up. But like you said, God still used him. And I can attest to that, as well, as I know someone who got healed when he prayed.

I think the bottom line is that since we're in the last days, satan's goal is to turn brother and sister against each other. If he can achieve that, it will weaken the Church, and therefore, lose its power. And unfortunately, well-known, as well as lesser known Christians attack other ministries if they see something(s) that they don't approve of. Lately, I've been seen this in leaders. And satan targets leaders first off. But you know, Jesus said that the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church!

Of course, in any Christian meeting, there's bound to be imperfection. And there were people at the revival who manifested in ways that weren't of God. But whenever the Holy Spirit is moving, demons get stirred up, just as what had occurred at the Toronto Blessing. Whenever the anointing is strong, that's going to happen. A perfect example of that is when the Apostle Paul was being hounded by a spirit in a woman who kept following him around. But he handled it correctly and cast the demon out. These sorts of things can happen in home groups, church services, etc. where the anointing is very strong. For example, when a pastor or teacher is under a heavy anointing during a sermon, suddenly, people will start to cough. Another manifestation that I've noticed happens is, people will start tapping their feet or moving their legs together which looks like a nervous condition - which it is. But in actuality, it's a spirit bringing the manifestation about.

Since Benny Hinn has a problem with Todd Bentley, he should have confronted him personally, not broadcast his criticisms to the world. Non-believers are watching, and Benny Hinn showed a lack of integrity, imo. Very immature.
The Church needs to grow up and learn how to deal with issues and confront each other in a Christ-like manner, myself included. I've come a long way, however, and you know why? because it's just downright tiring fighting in the flesh. Our struggle isn't against flesh and blood, but against spirits.
Jesus said that non-Christians would know that we're his (Jesus) disciples if we have love to one another.

Well, see you over on the Music thread! It's late and I need to go to sleep.
Thanks for the videos!

With Love always,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 3:23AM #24
butterflynews11
p.s. your teddy doesn't have to worry about ever being deceived since he reads the Bible every day! :^D What page is he reading?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 16, 2009 - 3:28AM #25
butterflynews11
it's late. need to elaborate on something that I said:

There seemed to be some insincerity on his [Benny's] part that I picked up. But like you said, God still used him.

should read: '...God still used(es) him in his ministry' (slight paraphrase)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2009 - 7:06PM #26
smallson

butterflynews11 wrote:

p.s. your teddy doesn't have to worry about ever being deceived since he reads the Bible every day! :^D What page is he reading?

He's reading the part of the bible where it sais 'love bears all things".

But the bible study notes are about an old testament bear attack, where someone makes fun of a bald prophet and a bear comes out of the woods in retribution.If i said any of this before, please bear with me.

Hope to get to your other comments this weekend.Just don't make fun of me or you never know what could happen!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook