Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Todd Bentley, "The Florida Outpouring"
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 12:23AM #11
butterflynews11
The 'you all' in the last statement includes me, too. Yes, I'm God, actually. I have no need of working out my own salvation, see. :op (just kidding, of course!) :^D

Hi again Smallson!
I attended the revival about 10 times and it strengthen my faith in the Lord. (The words here don't convey what I'm trying to express) I've been wanting to do more for the Lord, and I know people who have been to the revival and desire the same thing. A friend of mine attended the morning evangelism training classes to send people out, and she taught prophetic evangelism since she's an ordained minister. So much fruit has been born of this revival. And I believe that most healings are authentic. But the most important thing is that many people turned to Jesus and were saved, and others rededicated their lives to him. And baptisms took place, as you said.
Genuine repentance has been taking place because the coals are burning.

Since the revival is on the internet again, I'm going to link it up on the next page. Check it out.

See ya later gator!
Love your sister,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 29, 2008 - 12:35AM #12
butterflynews11
Greetings! Peace be with you!
God is good! He is ever Faithful and True, yes you are, Jesus!

The revival can be viewed online from the Ignited Church's website:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ignited-c … outpouring

Enjoy and rest in God's ever enduring Presence! Thank you Lord.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2008 - 3:15PM #13
smallson
Hay Yvette!

So your still on planet earth and not in the grave yet, that's good!

I've been doing okay I guess.Not to bad lately.

I have no reson to believe that it isn't a genuine work of the Holy Spirit.Of course Todd Bently had a spiritual fall and I don't know all the details of that.As could be expected, some of those who are against the outpouring have used this sitution against the rivival (even though he stepped down and let others carry it on).Like I pointed out in my e-mail to you-- If Solomon who wrote some of the inspired Scripture, ended up in the sin of pagan idol worship (after being used to write Scripture), than a revival leader can fall into sin too.The true origin of anything that is God breathed (be it Scripture, revival or whatever else) is always from God.People involved (be it Solomon, King David, Todd Bentley, etc) are only human vessels or instruments, which are capable of sinning or even rebelling.

I'm hoping to see Todd's marriage restored and wish him the best.

Unfortunately I can no longer see little tidbits of the lakeland Outpouring in the morning.It's been replaced with some other progam I don't particularily care for.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2008 - 7:54AM #14
butterflynews11
[QUOTE=smallson;729530]"Hay Yvette!

So your still on planet earth and not in the grave yet, that's good![QUOTE]

Yep, still here. I haven't been beamed up into the heavenlies lately. (chuckle)

Speaking of the supernatural, here's a video of the revival at the Marchant Joker Stadium (this is the Detroit Tiger's spring training field, jfyi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVkuayn4YtQ

[QUOTE=smallson;729530]I've been doing okay I guess.Not to bad lately.

I have no reson to believe that it isn't a genuine work of the Holy Spirit.Of course Todd Bently had a spiritual fall and I don't know all the details of that.As could be expected, some of those who are against the outpouring have used this sitution against the rivival (even though he stepped down and let others carry it on).Like I pointed out in my e-mail to you-- If Solomon who wrote some of the inspired Scripture, ended up in the sin of pagan idol worship (after being used to write Scripture), than a revival leader can fall into sin too.The true origin of anything that is God breathed (be it Scripture, revival or whatever else) is always from God.People involved (be it Solomon, King David, Todd Bentley, etc) are only human vessels or instruments, which are capable of sinning or even rebelling.

I'm hoping to see Todd's marriage restored and wish him the best."[QUOTE]

Amen to that, Smallson. (reg. Solomon) Scripture talks a lot about the sins beforehand, and that's a great example of one of God's people having sinned after the fact.
A statement on Todd's website indicates that he had an unhealthy emotional relationship with a staff member which didn't turn physical. And he did the right thing by admitting it instead of continuing and trying to hide it.

Todd and Shonnah were already having problems prior to the revival. And those with whom they sought counsel, thought that the problems had been resolved.
From what I understand, Shonnah left with the kids and went back to Canada (this is no way a blame game here).
And the latest update that I read on the situation stated that Todd was staying with some friends in California.

Many people are praying for them. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise because this will force Todd to slow down and spend more time with his wife and kids.
We don't know what the underlying issues (nor the dynamics of their relationship) are, so we'll see what transpires in the future. Dear Lord please make a way somehow to get their wills in line with yours and keep them from divorcing. Heal their marriage, Father, and bring peace to the children and the entire household, in Jesus' precious name. Amen. Thank you, Lord.

While watching on the internet one evening, Todd said that he was a mess and mentioned his amazement that God used him. Todd gave the impression of being floored (literally, too! haha) by God, utterly amazed-type expression. His expressions said it all.

Patricia King gave a statement on her website. She spoke with strong conviction and love for Todd and his family (she's his mentor in case you didn't know). She was clearly hurt by what had happened and seemed to be on the verge of tears. Her message seemed to stress the importance of the power of words and how they can hurt people, which happened to Todd since he was being bombarded with negative words being spoken against him.

(pertaining to the happenings at the revival) Inner healings were also common. My husband and I, and a couple of friends of mine, went through some deliverance (as well as many other people that I saw).
The presence of God was so permeating that we also went through some deliverance while in the car on the way to the revival. (this occurred while one of us was either in the passenger side or in the backseat of the car - not while in the actual driver's seat... haha)
The anointing was carried outside the revival and into our homes, as well, which is one of the reasons for revival, as you know, which is to take the anointing of God back to our churches, homes, workplaces, etc.

[QUOTE=smallson;729530]QUOTE]Unfortunately I can no longer see little tidbits of the lakeland Outpouring in the morning.It's been replaced with some other progam I don't particularily care for.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry to hear that! But hey! Have you tried clicking on the thumbnails of past services to see if it comes up? If not, hope it works!

See you over on the Music thread!

Love ya,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2008 - 8:14PM #15
smallson
[QUOTE=butterflynews11;734025]

(pertaining to the happenings at the revival) Inner healings were also common. My husband and I, and a couple of friends of mine, went through some deliverance (as well as many other people that I saw).
The presence of God was so permeating that we also went through some deliverance while in the car on the way to the revival. (this occurred while one of us was either in the passenger side or in the backseat of the car - not while in the actual driver's seat... haha)
The anointing was carried outside the revival and into our homes, as well, which is one of the reasons for revival, as you know, which is to take the anointing of God back to our churches, homes, workplaces, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Cool! What things were you delivered of, if it's okay to ask? You don't have to tell me the specifics if you don't want to.It could have been fear you were delivered of, since I remember you talking about a certain fear you had, to do with a certain word that was spoken over you.But I'm just guessing here.

I haven't watched that much of the Lakeland thing through the internet yet, though I have seen some internet footage (either live or non-live stuf) some time back.Mostly it's just been the morning snipets on tv I used to see.

I'm not 100% shure what to make of the eagle video. I guess it's three eagles with fish in there mouth going over the stadium.I'll watch it again after I submit this.(Please don't be offended.Maybe I'm slow on this one?)

Here's a video I think will inspire you.It's not a video of the Lakeland Outpouring, but it's not totally off topic either.This is a You Tube video that gives you an idea of what revival looks like in China.It's all spoken in another language, but I think you will get the idea.Pretty wild stuf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS8IMoGA7Ik
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 01, 2008 - 1:49PM #16
christzen
Todd Bentley is an admitted multiple occasion child molester who claims to regularly travel to heaven to talk with Paul,and who apparently has had an affair with a member of his team.It is unbelievable to me that  people can't see through this guy.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2008 - 10:30PM #17
smallson
[QUOTE=christzen;865190]Todd Bentley is an admitted multiple occasion child molester who claims to regularly travel to heaven to talk with Paul,and who apparently has had an affair with a member of his team.It is unbelievable to me that  people can't see through this guy.[/QUOTE]

I think me and Yvette can see more than you give us credit.Perhaps we can see things that you are unable to see?

Some of your comments sound like you didn't read the previous posts or it just went in one ear and out the other.You also appear to be cessationist in theology, which is going to influence how you see Charismatic and Pentecostal ministries in general.

As for the child molestion thing, it's true that he WAS a child molester when he was 14 years old (when he spent some time in jail for this).This was BEFORE he became a Christian, BEFORE he repented and was forgiven by Christ, and BEFORE he ever had a ministry or preached to crowds.Your digging up someone's sin of their pre-Christian past, which doesn't seem to live up to Matt 22:36-40 very well. (I was molested myself when I was younger, by a cousin of mine who has a long history of this activity.He's presently in jail).

More recently he had a spiritual fall.I'm not shure if this actualy included sexual intercourse (as you suggest), but he did have  a relationship with another woman and has had problems in his marriage.He sinned and is no longer in ministry.This was actualy mentioned in previous posts (such as the one I wrote on post 13).Nobody here has denied this.We have spoken our desire for his marriage to be restored, for him to be spiritualy restored.You have spoken judgement and condemnation over him.

I have personaly been familiar with Bentley's ministry before the Lakeland thing ever broke out.I have heard his own personal testimony on how he came to Christ.I've been in his meetings (not Lakeland).So I have a pretty good idea of where he's coming from and the the kind of Spirit that has spoken through him (as imperfect and as flawed as he may be).I can remember one of my own backslidden seasons where I was in outright sin, and God used Todd Bentley to bring me to repentance.The Holy Spirit and the goodness of God was pulling on my heart to get things right with Christ, and this through listening to Bentley on television.It was the same Holy Spirit who spoke to me at another backslidden time in my life, through an Anglican!

It is my desire for Bentley to come to complete repentance of his sin (if he hasn't already) and that his life would be restored.It is my desire that he would once again be used of God to preach and see more people come to Christ, and that he would do so with humility. (Pride is often a temptation for thise in leadership roles and could have been a contributing factor in Bently's recent fall).You may  think that Bentley was never a real Christian in the first place, and think he's been a child molester all these years.Not true! And you may not be able to see or perceive that the Holy Spirit has been at work in his life and ministry, before he fell into sin.

Here are some of my thoughts on this issue from another forum (scroll down to post 40 where I talk about Bentley and the sins of Charles Parham, Martin Luther and Solomon):

http://forum.cmcentral.com/index.php?sh … 7416&st=36
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2008 - 2:47PM #18
butterflynews11
Right on, Smallson!
I agree with everything that you said.

Since I was actually there on numerous occasions, and you actually saw him, too, when he ministered in your area, we can testify to the fruit that came from the revival and his ministry.

Todd had outreach classes and sent hundreds of people out to witness and minister to others. So that debunks any myth that he didn't witness or do 'alter calls'.  Repentance was a common occurance.

Assumptions about Todd not doing this or that is just what it is - assumptions.

I get emails from Ignited Church and they continue to minister to people.

Thank you for your post. As usual, you write with such clarity and passion. God loves passionate people who aren't afraid to stand up and defend him. Jesus said not to be ashamed of him, to speak forth his word in Truth. And sometimes that entails a strong rebuke.

See you over on the other threads later! Joyce Meyer is here in my city!!! I saw her last night and am planning to go again tonight. She has another meeting tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to that one, too.

Last night she said that she ministered to Africans and it was place that was really in the bush with poverty-stricken people. (paraphrase) She gets her hands in the nitty gritty. She's a very well-balanced prosperity teacher, imo.

She ministers to people who have been sexually abused since that happened to her as a child. (I'm so sorry that happened to you, Smallson) If you haven't read or listened to any of her teachings, I highly recommend her. Her website has a lot of resources that maybe you could benefit from. Just a suggestion.

Well see you over on the other threads this weekend!
Love always,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 10, 2008 - 9:45PM #19
butterflynews11
Hi Smallson!
You had asked a question and I wanted to get back to you on it. My testimony is that I've been delivered of several addictions: alcohol, pills, marijuana.
And the word that was given to me was true for me that there was no possibility of ever turning back to God had I continued in that particular sin.
Depression is still a problem, however, but I'm believing that God will heal me of that, too.

There's an analogy that I like in that we're like onions, and God peels each layer off one at a time.

Well that's about it! Have a great night!

Love,
Yvette
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 19, 2008 - 7:43PM #20
smallson
Hi Yvette!

This may be my last words to you on this thread (since you said you were leaving the Vineyard board), but thanks for all the kind words in your last two posts.Good to hear of your freedom from certain addictions.I agree with what you said about the depression part (something I have often felt myself).
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook