Post Reply
Switch to Forum Live View Single mom from Belgium. Searching faith.
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2008 - 1:24AM #1
fieke
Posts: 3
Since 1 month I am a single mom. I live in Belgium, in a little village Kalmthout near Antwerp.
I'm new here. First of all I appolagize if the vocabulary is not 100% correct. But I'll do my best.
Since the break-up I searching for a belief that's wright for me. I lost my faith in people, men. You see my partner (we weren't married) has betrayed me with his best friend (female). They did everything together: squash, walking, camping, traveling with backpack,..
3 years ago I had a serious depression, since then our relationship went downhill. We did therapy for our relation for two years. I did my very best to please him in all areas. I had my priorities in our family (2 stephsons (from his first marriage) and our little girl Sita (now 3years old)) but all he wanted was going away, travelling with backpack, trekking....
We decided in october to split up. I still think it was the best decission of my life. But I feel lost! Really lost!
I did a belief test and it appeared that Buddhism was the best for me.
Angels are also beautifull I think.
Can I pray? How do I do that? I'm I bit afraid.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 02, 2008 - 12:08PM #2
marty85911
Posts: 125
"Can I pray? How do I do that? I'm I bit afraid."
Yes, absolutely! You can start with sitting comfortably with eyes closed in privacy. Focus on your breathing only. Feel the breath going in and out of your nose and let any other thoughts slip away. Think of nothing but your breath. If you do this for a few minutes you will begin to relax and feel more peaceful. When you start to feel more relaxed start to "imagine" yourself being surrounded by a warm loving light. Bathe in this feeling of warmth and love. If daily thoughts and fears come into your mind, gently let them go and refocus on your breath. You can also focus on your heartbeat.

This will set a receptive tone for your higher self, of spirit to enter your world. This is a start. Remember that a part of you, your spiritual part is with you always. This part of you has no problems, is fearless and will never leave you alone.

As a side note you may be interested in becoming involved with a religious Science or Unity Church in your area.
Kind regards, Marty
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2008 - 2:27AM #3
DAH54
Posts: 3,318
Hello Fieke and welcome to Beliefnet! I hope you find your time here rewarding and enjoyable!

fieke wrote:

Since 1 month I am a single mom. I live in Belgium, in a little village Kalmthout near Antwerp.


I live in the USA in a state called Ohio, in a city called Cincinnati.

fieke wrote:

I'm new here. First of all I apologize if the vocabulary is not 100% correct. But I'll do my best.


As I see it you have nothing to apologize for! I am sure my English is not 100% correct, and I hope you don't expect me to be 100% correct, because you will be disappointed.

fieke wrote:

Since the break-up I searching for a belief that's right for me. I lost my faith in people, men. You see my partner (we weren't married) has betrayed me with his best friend (female). They did everything together: squash, walking, camping, traveling with backpack,..


There are partners and then there are partners. It seems to me that you picked a poor partner. For what little it maybe worth it seems to me that you should have been his "best friend" not someone else. If you were not his best friend then he was never really into this relationship, never truly invested in it.

fieke wrote:

3 years ago I had a serious depression, since then our relationship went downhill. We did therapy for our relation for two years. I did my very best to please him in all areas. I had my priorities in our family (2 stephsons (from his first marriage) and our little girl Sita (now 3years old)) but all he wanted was going away, travelling with backpack, trekking....


I noticed that you got depressed about the same time your child was born. My guess is that in part it was based on his behavior and how he treated you, with a lack of respect? That you felt used and abused, taken advantage of.

fieke wrote:

We decided in october to split up. I still think it was the best decission of my life. But I feel lost! Really lost!


Life can be so scary at times! We can easily feel lost and all alone, that no one cares, and we just don't matter to anyone. You are not alone, nor are you the only one who feels like this, or who has been betrayed.

fieke wrote:

I did a belief test and it appeared that Buddhism was the best for me.
Angels are also beautifull I think.
Can I pray? How do I do that? I'm I bit afraid.


I believe anyone can pray. When I pray I pray to God. I'm not sure from your post if you believe in God? If you are willing to put aside your disbelief for a moment and attempt to have a conversation with God you can pray. It's just another word for trying to have a conversation. I wish you well.



.

For Technical support visit


> Dah's User to User Self Support <

Quick Reply
Cancel
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook