Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Order of the Holy Family
5 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2013 - 8:49PM #21
lah0116

I was in the Monstary in the early 80's the order moved to NM eventually. Any other former brothers here?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2013 - 12:11AM #22
biker

Apr 23, 2011 -- 3:41PM, Graced wrote:

I see that you had posted your comments 3 years ago but...I live at the order in Berkely with Brother Anthony and Brother Peter. You said you were still in touch with one of the brothers...was it Anthony?  I was with him for several years.  I'm looking for him.  I just want to know how he's doing and if all is well.  Thanks for any reply.

Hello from a monk from the past, IGGY here I remember Anthony and Peter and Charles very well. I can not remember your name but was in berkley also. when the mayor legalized pot. LOL. From

1970-1973. was there when the church was raided.

I am a retired RN. voyager I think was jill who worked with the free clinic also. I did try contacting Paul. . so if there are past members.? realbiker509@hotmail.com

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2013 - 12:12AM #23
biker

Apr 23, 2011 -- 3:41PM, Graced wrote:

I see that you had posted your comments 3 years ago but...I live at the order in Berkely with Brother Anthony and Brother Peter. You said you were still in touch with one of the brothers...was it Anthony?  I was with him for several years.  I'm looking for him.  I just want to know how he's doing and if all is well.  Thanks for any reply.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2014 - 6:41PM #24
medawkins

I absolutely remember and have just recently come across one of the old newsletter for OHF. We attended for many years. My father was very active in the Pease movement. I have such fond memories of the OHF and Father Stark. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2014 - 7:19PM #25
Ignatious

Hi I remember the Dawkins name I was brother Ignatious.Retired RN now. I have articles of the church raid. Jill at that time was the lead RN for the free clinic and was dating Ned.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 07, 2014 - 8:42PM #26
Onceanun

I was a member in 1972, along with my boyfriend, whom I married before joining the OHF.  Father Jon performed our marriage.  We left in Oct 1972 while postulants.  Lots of memories, some foggy, some not.  I remember Brother Anthony and his interest in the young boys from the Five Points neighborhood.  Sister Joanna Monica and Brother Richard came from other orders so we're able to join faster.  I was there when Brother Peter took his formal vows.  My husband and I divorced and I have been remarried for 33 years.  My first husband died in 2012 and I heard he traded his stories of our days with OHF for the kindness of strangers on many an occasion.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2014 - 9:57AM #27
Ignatious

Hi I just received a notice of the message. Iam trying to remember those who were in the order and have had some contact. I heard from Paul's daughter and she has sent me articles on the order. I was one of the Brothers arrested during the raid and the charges were dropped but it has followed me since even though I was not guilty. The court in denver never notified that the arrest was tobe removed from my record and it was not. It is like being punished for years.I can  have it expunged for $250 and that does not make it right. I did here from Grace  and  James but he never wrote back. My email is realbiker509@hotmail.com I retired as an RN. And part of why I became a Rn was because of Jill and the work I did with the free clinic. Iggy

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2014 - 7:12PM #28
Onceanun

Iggy, glad to see your reply.  My name in the order was sister Elizabeth.  I was married to brother Matthew.  I'm not sure if I remember you, or maybe you came after we left?  I definitely missed out on the raid, but do remember a time some of the transients were arrested.  One guy was found to have hep B so we all had to get shots.  I spent a lot of time in the basement doing laundry.  Still love doing laundry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook