Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Public School Caters To Islam?
7 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 8:43PM #11
coachbob
[QUOTE=UUloveandpeace1981;435765]The truth is scary-keep all religions out of the public schools no matter what including Islam. What the heck is happening to North America. We live in North America not Nazi Saudi Arabia, Islam shouldn't have a double standard at all.!!! Wake up ignorant apologists for Islam, America is a secular country-so is Canada, It's best that way.!!![/QUOTE]

Nazi Saudi Arabia?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2008 - 9:09PM #12
davelaw40

coachbob wrote:

Nazi Saudi Arabia?

this is interesting; we on the right create a term "Islamo-facism"  and the left is now reguritating it as Nazi-Saudi Arabia

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 10:56PM #13
BethK
Where I live, lawsuits would have been filed if school children went to see the Pope.

I would rather everyone get a tax break and be allowed to choose their own school than have my tax dollars pay for a religious school that is contrary to what I believe.  I do think it is a shame that people double pay to support public schools with their taxes and then also tuition for their private school.  I would prefer all religion and moral teaching be out of public schools.  You just can't teach "about" them without insulting one or another religion. I do have hope for teaching tolerance.   I don't think it is through organizations such as religious tolerance who change definitions to suit their purposes.  You can't dismiss the entire belief systems of many Evangelical Christians and call yourself tolerant. I've had this conversation with others on other threads.   I'm supposed to be tolerant of people for their wide view of "God" but there is no room for tolerance of me and my narrow views.  I wish schools could be accommodating to all religions to allow times of prayer but once you accommodate one, all need to be accommodated.  Stepping outside of a classroom for a moment with your prayer rug is one thing - what about others?  Should we open new school buildings with blessings from preists, prophets, shamen, witches, sprit guides?  Let's sacrifice a goat on the new gym floor and then have holy water sprinkled over it. Okay, that's a stretch but the point is if religion is accommodated/tolerated/taught in public schools, someone will still be needing to make a decision about WHICH religions get to be tolerated and which ones need to leave their sacrifice in their own temples.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2008 - 10:56PM #14
BethK
Where I live, lawsuits would have been filed if school children went to see the Pope.

I would rather everyone get a tax break and be allowed to choose their own school than have my tax dollars pay for a religious school that is contrary to what I believe.  I do think it is a shame that people double pay to support public schools with their taxes and then also tuition for their private school.  I would prefer all religion and moral teaching be out of public schools.  You just can't teach "about" them without insulting one or another religion. I do have hope for teaching tolerance.   I don't think it is through organizations such as religious tolerance who change definitions to suit their purposes.  You can't dismiss the entire belief systems of many Evangelical Christians and call yourself tolerant. I've had this conversation with others on other threads.   I'm supposed to be tolerant of people for their wide view of "God" but there is no room for tolerance of me and my narrow views.  I wish schools could be accommodating to all religions to allow times of prayer but once you accommodate one, all need to be accommodated.  Stepping outside of a classroom for a moment with your prayer rug is one thing - what about others?  Should we open new school buildings with blessings from preists, prophets, shamen, witches, sprit guides?  Let's sacrifice a goat on the new gym floor and then have holy water sprinkled over it. Okay, that's a stretch but the point is if religion is accommodated/tolerated/taught in public schools, someone will still be needing to make a decision about WHICH religions get to be tolerated and which ones need to leave their sacrifice in their own temples.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook