Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View New and Seeking Guidance
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 9:04AM #1
Spirit-Wind
I've been reading this board for a couple of weeks.  Lately I've been intentional about praying to my guardian angel.  This is new to me.  I am a Christian, so the language and methods that are comfortable for me come from the Christian tradition.  (I'm not saying other religions are wrong.  I'm simply saying this is the way that I know and makes me feel safe.) 

Do you have any guidance for somebody who is new to living in an intentional relationship with thier guardian angel?  Are there things that you wish somebody would have told you?  I may come across as cautious, but this is where I am at this time.  Thanks.  Peace be with you.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 10:17AM #2
spiritalk
Prayer is always to God.  When angels answer it is as ministering messengers of God.

It is said...Prayer is our petition to God.  Meditation is the listening for an answer.

While we can be aware of and interested in angels (guardians) we can attune when we wish to their energy.  Prayer is to God.  Answers come from many sources.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 2:24PM #3
swade22
Hi Spiritwind,
DId you mean Praying to your guardian angel or just talking to them.  I don't believe that it matters that you specify who you're praying to.  God is not going to be offended or anything.  In fact, since God is everything, then everything is God so therefore, the angel would be God, as are we.  Simply verbalizing/thinking your request, desire or thought in general will get to God no matter what.

Here I would advise, if there is fear involved in any way, that you surround yourself with white light as a protection.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 3:47PM #4
Spirit-Wind
I mean talking to the angel.  I used the word pray in the sense that Roman Catholics will "pray to a saint".  They don't mean that they are worshipping the saint, but talking to/with the saint.  That is how I mean it. 

In my spiritual tradition there is a difference between God and the angel.  So, using my tradition, I'm not seeing the angel as God.  BTW - Swade - I say this not as an insult to your views, but as clarification of my own.  I respect your views and know that they are the views of many good and enlightened people.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2008 - 8:30AM #5
Spirit-Wind
The other day I bought a book by a writer named Doreen Virtue.  It is called Angels 101.  I'm finding it helpful.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2008 - 1:11PM #6
swade22
Hi Spirit-Wind,
See, you asked and now you are receiving.  Doreen has done a lot of work with the angels.  She's what most people call "The Expert" on angels.  I have not read the book you've been guided to but the one called "Angel Medicine" by her is good too!  It's good that your are open to their guidance.  Here is two more books that may interest you... The one to get after reading Angels 101 is also by Doreen, if you like her writing, it's called "How to Hear Your Angels" and then the other one you could try is called "Angelspeake" by Barbara Mark and Trudy Griswold.

Happy listening!!
Love Swade
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2008 - 1:12PM #7
swade22
Here is... LOL!!  Sorry...
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2008 - 9:12AM #8
Spirit-Wind
Thanks Joan.  I added your website to my favorites.  Any plans on coming to Kansas City?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2008 - 7:44PM #9
dreamhealth
Your angel can pick up your thoughts quite easily. That is where you begin. You begin to pick up their thoughts. You can ask for anything.

Denny Sargent's book is very good. It came onto my path.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2008 - 8:15AM #10
Spirit-Wind
I've recently purchased Doreen Virtue's book on Divine Guidance (that may be the title....I can't remember.)   It is great.  I love listening for Heavenly guidance.  It is a faith issue, trusting that it is there.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook