Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Living The Wisdom of the Tao....
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 12:54PM #1
1ndhcw
I am at about Verse 16 in Dr. Dyer's book Change Your Thoughts, Change Your LIfe;  Living The Wisdom Of The Tao.  I am finding it very interesting and eye opening on different levels, but would love some other insights.  I'm not the most analytical person so this would be very beneficial.  Also, I find it hard to clarify this point without sounding closed minded, but I'm not interested in negative views of Dr. Dyer.  I'm not saying we can't disagree on this point or that, but if you feel he is not for you then please keep those opinions to your self.  There is no benefit in denouncing someone's path of learning.   Agreed?

For those interested, I have started a Book Group called Change Your Thoughts.  I welcome anyone to the discussions and look forward to getting to know what you've learned.

Best wishes for a great day!
Nancy
Quick Reply
Cancel
10 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2008 - 7:08PM #2
Cerrdorian
Well I must say I have never read any of Dr. Dyer's books but I think you should know if you dont already. That the Tao is an experiance and it is very mystical in origin and it has no dogma to it. One comes closer to the Tao threw your experiances. It is what I would call Living Wisdom and even that cant really describe it. Maybe in Dr. Dyer's he would have  mentioned. The true Tao cant be spoken of or described and what can be described is the Mother of all things. That is why I worship a Goddess. She is the personification of the indescribable. In all of my studies I have found that thru the Mother we will find divinity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 6:35PM #3
Eisenhans

Mar 18, 2008 -- 7:08PM, Cerrdorian wrote:

Well I must say I have never read any of Dr. Dyer's books but I think you should know if you dont already. That the Tao is an experiance and it is very mystical in origin and it has no dogma to it. One comes closer to the Tao threw your experiances. It is what I would call Living Wisdom and even that cant really describe it. Maybe in Dr. Dyer's he would have  mentioned. The true Tao cant be spoken of or described and what can be described is the Mother of all things. That is why I worship a Goddess. She is the personification of the indescribable. In all of my studies I have found that thru the Mother we will find divinity.

Whoa, quite a lot there!

I don't know a lick about Dr. Dyer or his books, so I can't really comment on him.  Is he new-age?

"Tao has no dogma"?  That already sounds like a dogma. ;-)

But you are right that one can "come closer" to the Tao; I call it "merging with the Tao."  When you've got the wisdom of Taoism in your head and heart, and you live it so well that you don't even have to think about it, that's merging with the Tao for ya. 

Taoists don't worship "the Mother of all things."  Maybe that was a mistranslation from a copy of the TTC you've read?  Not that TTC has much to do with Taoism, but it has a very popular connection to Taoism in the public's eye.

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2011 - 2:33AM #4
Mak_jo_si

Naturalizing Taoism wisdom is a very important step, but it must be done by the teaching of a true master who can guide you through the path.  If you are afraid to to take approach or not willing to output to learning, then you are not going to get anything at the end but a pair of bare hands.  Walk the path solidly can avoid envy and jealousy, which give you a more pleasant vibe everyday instead of looking at the real taoist and turning green in the heart.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook