Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View The Seamless Robe of Jesus, valuing esoteric knowledge
2 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2012 - 6:37AM #31
Seefan

Aug 28, 2012 -- 3:50AM, Namchuck wrote:

Aug 27, 2012 -- 5:48PM, Seefan wrote:

The wolf feasts where there is food to eat ...

Another insightful observation, Seefan.

Is that all you can offer? No quote to cite? No one else's mind that you can pilfer a thought from?

You changing your ways? 

Nothing wrong with quotes!  I guess it's better to give my own thoughts without giving quotes than always saying "that's juvenile/nonsense/assumptions/unjustified/insupportable claims/beliefs!  The evidence tells us otherwise ..." without quotes to back it up or evidence presented ... Wink

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2012 - 6:48AM #32
Namchuck

Aug 28, 2012 -- 6:37AM, Seefan wrote:

Is that all you can offer? No quote to cite? No one else's mind that you can pilfer a thought from?

You changing your ways? 

Nothing wrong with quotes!  I guess it's better to give my own thoughts without giving quotes than always saying "that's nonsense/assumptions/unjustified/insupportable beliefs!  The evidence tells us otherwise ..." without quotes to back it up or evidence presented ... Wink

You're right, there's nothing wrong with quotes unless they are they are advanced as substitutions for thought and evidence.

And tell me, Seefan, do you not think that beliefs advanced in a public forum should supported by evidence?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2012 - 6:52AM #33
Seefan

Aug 28, 2012 -- 6:48AM, Namchuck wrote:

Aug 28, 2012 -- 6:37AM, Seefan wrote:

You changing your ways? 

Nothing wrong with quotes!  I guess it's better to give my own thoughts without giving quotes than always saying "that's nonsense/assumptions/unjustified/insupportable beliefs!  The evidence tells us otherwise ..." without quotes to back it up or evidence presented ... Wink

You're right, there's nothing wrong with quotes unless they are they are advanced as substitutions for thought and evidence.

And tell me, Seefan, do you not think that beliefs advanced in a public forum should supported by evidence? 

That's "should 'be' supported ..." Wink

Depends on one's definition of evidence.  Not everything is a materialistic proof ...

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2012 - 7:03AM #34
Namchuck

Aug 28, 2012 -- 6:52AM, Seefan wrote:

That's "should 'be' supported ..." Wink

Depends on one's definition of evidence.  Not everything is a materialistic proof ...

I'm not necessarily talking about "proof", Seefan, which is something largely restricted to the field of mathematics, but rather probabilities.

And what do you mean by "one's definition of evidence"? Or, if you prefer, what is the nature of your epistemology?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook