Switch to Forum Live View Welcome to the Fellowship of Reason
5 years ago  ::  Dec 27, 2008 - 9:52AM #1
Eudaimonist

Who We Are:

The Fellowship of Reason ("FOR") is a reason-based ethical community; that is, a group of people united by the idea that reason provides the best guide for understanding reality and living the best life possible.  FOR differs from faith-based organizations in that we believe each individual's purpose and success in life are derived from, and ultimately determined by, the individual - not a supernatural authority.

FOR focuses on:

- Social opportunities; Fellowship; Friendship; Community
- A Reason-Based Approach to Life
- Support of Personal Mission or Goals; Purposeful Living; Individual Flourishing
- An Ethical Community (Eudaimonism)
- Lifelong Learning
- Living Reflectively or Consciously
- Recognition of Life Events and Human Excellence

http://www.fellowshipofreason.com/
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2012 - 7:10PM #2
DavidE0liver

Dec 27, 2008 -- 9:52AM, Eudaimonist wrote:

Who We Are:

The Fellowship of Reason ("FOR") is a reason-based ethical community; that is, a group of people united by the idea that reason provides the best guide for understanding reality and living the best life possible.  FOR differs from faith-based organizations in that we believe each individual's purpose and success in life are derived from, and ultimately determined by, the individual - not a supernatural authority.

FOR focuses on:

- Social opportunities; Fellowship; Friendship; Community
- A Reason-Based Approach to Life
- Support of Personal Mission or Goals; Purposeful Living; Individual Flourishing
- An Ethical Community (Eudaimonism)
- Lifelong Learning
- Living Reflectively or Consciously
- Recognition of Life Events and Human Excellence

My name is David Edward Oliver and I am was raised in Christian home and attended Christian school but I fell away from faith after college. I found myself completely alone and without much hope so my lack of faith really hurt me for sometime. I admit I have not totally rejected theism rather I am convinced God does not know or care about us so why bother. I try not to offend people but I find religious dogma to be borderline insanity. Jesus would have hated Christianity but not Christians themselves. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 5:47PM #3
Jcarlinbn

Mar 25, 2012 -- 7:10PM, DavidE0liver wrote:

My name is David Edward Oliver and I am was raised in Christian home and attended Christian school but I fell away from faith after college. I found myself completely alone and without much hope so my lack of faith really hurt me for sometime. I admit I have not totally rejected theism rather I am convinced God does not know or care about us so why bother. I try not to offend people but I find religious dogma to be borderline insanity. Jesus would have hated Christianity but not Christians themselves. 

Welcome David.  As you may note this board is relatively inactive as a posting board.  It is more for information for newcomers.  The action is on Discuss Atheism these days you might find some threads of interest there.  In particular you might find  Atheists v. Historical Jesus interesting.  But jump in on any thread of interest to you.  Atheism_  &_Secular_Philosophies is more of a read board, but you are welcome to participate there as well. 

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 10:26PM #4
mountain_man

Mar 25, 2012 -- 7:10PM, DavidE0liver wrote:

Hi, welcome. I think you'll find that you are not alone. Many non believers were raised in religious homes. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you, or the believing family. It's OK to totally reject theism, and other kinds of god beliefs. Deism is OK too if that's what you want. The important part is how you treat, and care about, your fellow human beings.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2012 - 1:16AM #5
sadiaali

welcome here to everyone me sadiaali from karachi pakistan i am new member on this domain i like this community,

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 01, 2012 - 12:54AM #6
chevy956

Mar 30, 2012 -- 1:16AM, sadiaali wrote:

welcome here to everyone me sadiaali from karachi pakistan i am new member on this domain i like this community,

Hi Sadia,

Welcome to Facebook

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook