Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I'm not a shaman...
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 10:36PM #1
Thorleif
However, for a short while I thought I should be.  I bought a book on "shamanism" (read: some Wiccan guy who claimed to be a shaman) and read it.  As you might expect, I got essentially nothing out of it.

Now, the reason I thought shamanism was right for me, was that I'd begun to see the same thing every time I meditated.  Some things would change, but I would always see at least one red lion.  Often it was two, a male and a female, but the male was always there.

After I gave up on shamanism, they both stopped showing up.  However, I was lying with my eyes closed just a few minutes ago, and I kept feeling like there was a lion around.  I had this feeling every time I saw the male lion before.  I haven't meditated yet, but I still sort of feel like he's here.

I may just be crazy, but I wanted to ask... do you think there's any significance at all, and if so, what should I do about it?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 10:48PM #2
Tenlionz
And you were wanting to write a BOOK on it? Look stupid, you are not going to write a book on this subject or on anything else. You lack the indigents to claim any real knowledge on any topic. Sorry Friend, just being honest with you.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 10:54PM #3
Thorleif
[QUOTE=Tenlionz;968122]And you were wanting to write a BOOK on it? Look stupid, you are not going to write a book on this subject or on anything else. You lack the indigents to claim any real knowledge on any topic. Sorry Friend, just being honest with you.

Ten lionz[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I was writing a book.  I said I was going to read a book on it.

And the book turned out to be utter bull.

I have no desire to write a book on shamanism, and if I were to do so, I would research it a LOT before I did so.

Don't insult me because you misread what I said, please.

The word "write" never appeared in my post.  I don't claim to understand things I don't understand.  Hence, why I came here... to ask someone who might.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 11:07PM #4
Thorleif
Essentially, I am acknowledging that I know next to nothing about shamanism, and explaining that I came here to ask advice on the matter of lions that I saw repeatedly whilst meditating.  I'm not claiming to be any sort of know-it-all genius.

To say that I can't claim any real knowledge on ANY topic is an insult, but I'll ignore it because it's really irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Honestly, I expected more than an insult to my intelligence, founded on the belief that I said I was writing a book, when in fact, I said I BOUGHT a book, that turned out to be useless.  I have, since I read that book, learned that eclecticism and wicca have nothing to do with shamanism, and I don't consider myself wiccan, eclectic, OR a shaman.  However, I came to ask the opinion of someone who says he -is- a shaman.

Just to say that one more time... I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF A SHAMAN, NOR DO I CLAIM TO KNOW VERY MUCH AT ALL ABOUT SHAMANISM.

I came here to ask questions, not to claim I know the answers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 1:11PM #5
Redfrog777
I am real curious to hear the opinions of the other posters on these forums with regards to Tenlionz post #2 of this thread.

I notice that there are over 25 views of this thread and yet no one else has bothered to address Tenlionz attacks????? Why is that?

Thorleif posted a questioning thread that is pretty straight forward and honest in its asking for help.

Tenlionz responds by calling the guy stupid and a fraud. Then tops it off saying that he is just being honest with the guy.

And no one is going to say anything?????? No one is going to tell Tenlionz that he is way out of line?????? Or call him out on his B*** S***????

This is the kinda of B.S. that happened on the Plastic Shaman’s thread. OL-Tenlionz is the real Native American ma-coy. He’s the big bad tough guy gonna put all them new age wannabe’s in their place.

Ya’ll (every one who posts here) going to tell me this kinda crap is acceptable?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 1:54PM #6
Bearsky
Yes, Tenlionz is out-of-line, impolite and generally disagreeable in his post #2.  Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 4:58PM #7
Thorleif
I think the saddest part is, he doesn't know that I follow an unrelated path, have no desire to "mix" my religion with Shamanism, and was just coming to ask for an opinion from someone.  I'm not Wiccan by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm Asatru... and mindlessly picking and choosing from different religions annoys me, too.

That doesn't, however, keep me from valuing the opinions of people who have a different belief system from me, and it doesn't make me treat people who I disagree with rudely.

ESPECIALLY by insulting them for something they never said.

Sooo... could anyone who doesn't assume I'm an idiot please give me some advice about my original situation?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 5:11PM #8
Bearsky
Thorleif:  Hi!  To start with I have no idea why you're seeing a red lion or lions.  Having said that in modern shamanism to answer such a question we would journey to the spirit of lion and ask it politely if it was showing a special interest in us and if so why.   New Age folks on the other hand tend to gravitate to animal picture books that 'reveal' what the lion means symbolically ( a rather difficult undertaking as animals often symbolize completely opposite things in different cultures).  If you've Asatru there used to be several folks, including  two friends of mine, Crowfuzz and Sylky, on the BN Asatru forum who were accomplished at journeying and could help you if you wanted to learn how.   If we can be of more help here let us know...and sorry for the rude welcome, Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 20, 2008 - 7:25PM #9
Thorleif
Thank you for the advice.  And there's no need to apologize for someone else's rudeness, or his lack of reading comprehension.

I'll post a thread over there asking for help.

Thanks again!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 21, 2008 - 3:11PM #10
Tenlionz
Yawn, So no one likes my get to know you speeches, whoopee, and Yes I believe to ask a question of basic belief structure because your going to write a book on it iz a bit out there, I would not be shocked to find some one like that on BN. I suppose the rest of you have met only scholars here, I haven't been so lucky, so if I miss read you Thorlief and your intent then you have "MY" apologies,

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook