Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Are we a "dog's breakfast" faith?
7 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2008 - 4:00PM #31
metachosis
Hey Ain't Katie,

I think you quoted me thinking you were quoting Dot. Our sigs look are similar.

It could be your trust issue bumping up against a group that isn't being mindful of it's members. Have you thought of talking to your minister? If you don't have one, perhaps talking to a minister in another congregation? Or figuring out the most influential members of yours and talking to them?

It sounds like you and your church are doing a lot of good work. I have tried talking to my minister. She has not replied to my email. The last time I wrote her about a liberal Bible study she ignored me. I guess communication is a big issue here or perhaps she just doesn't feel that i'm right for that church. I think perhaps talking to another minister in another congregation is an excellent idea. I have met some UU ministers I really liked. When she's gone this summer, that might be a good opportunity for me to talk to another minister. That's a good idea.

It sounds as though your church is making efforts to reach out to people. I'm glad to hear that.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 12:12PM #32
AintKatie
Metachosis, I sure did mangle my post. Got some of Dot's, maybe none of hers, in there..and yours. Oh well. If you got a good idea out of it, it was worth it.  And, yes, my congregation is working hard to shape itself and to provide as much "family" support as possible to members and contributing regulars. I love the feel of it, love being involved, and am very very happy I found it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2008 - 10:39PM #33
metachosis
I think the title of this thread would make an interesting sermon. I like catchy titles and some humor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook