6 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2008 - 2:06PM #1
wonderment
I've heard Dr Phil use the phrase "How's that working for you?" in conversations with people he's attempting to help. I like that line a lot because for me it speaks to the heart of our "spiritual" lives as well. The bottom line is always going to be how our perception of the way of things is actually working for us in our day to day lives.

How is your life working for you from a mystical perspective? What is a mystical perspective?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2008 - 3:24PM #2
RaymondSigrist
[QUOTE=wonderment;746463]
How is your life working for you from a mystical perspective? What is a mystical perspective? [/QUOTE]

Hi Wonderment

In that I seem to be taking advantage of everything that is working, and half of what is not working, I'd say it is working pretty good.  To take advantage of everything is the mystical perspective.  It will be quite awhile until I get close to that.

love,
Raymond
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 08, 2008 - 4:16PM #3
EyesoftheWorld
That is an intriguing question: "How's it working?"
It seems to imply "it" is doing something on "your" behalf, though I think he means "strategy" when he says "it".
I'm not too fond ot the implication of struggle against or manipulation of a situation either.

Though I could be thinking too much about it. It is a TV show and the guests do have at least some kind of issue(s) to be on there, and a catchphrase is handy on an show....

Anyway, I've had some very eyebrow raising experiences of what could best be called synchronicity over the past two months, a period which corresponds to a reawakening on a spirituality which had lain dormant for a few years. I'm not going to get into them here.

I think about whether I'm just more open to these things so I notice what would be there anyway or if, as I like to think, I'm getting in harmony with some flow or energy or force or perhaps my will is helping shape said flow/energy/force. Though there is at least one definitely significant event which never would have happened had I not been where I was and the only reason I was there was to further my quest, and being in that spot brought me into contact with knowledge which definitely has and will continue to help said quest....

So, I'd have to say "it's working well".

Thanks for asking.
How about you, Wonderment?
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 09, 2008 - 6:54PM #4
wonderment
How is your life working for you from a mystical perspective? What is a mystical perspective?

EyesoftheWorld wrote:

How about you, Wonderment?

My view is that the mystic seems to hold no set perspective at all. The heart/mind of the mystic is simply open to the "what is" - the present reality, or, if you like, "God's will", of any given moment. There is no set agenda, no absolutes by which he lives. There is just the ever-changing, empty nature of things arising and passing away. His actions and way of living in the world reflect this understanding.

To the extent that I am able to keep my mind open and free of ideas and opinions determines how well the mystical perspective is working for me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2008 - 1:40PM #5
EyesoftheWorld
Yes, many people seem to get hardwired to be control freaks which leads to either oppression or criminality, or terribly unhappy and resigned.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook