Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Ramblings of a prospective newbie...
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 7:34PM #31
DotNotInOz
Huh! I just checked back into the CLF forums and noticed that hardly anyone posts there anymore. It wasn't terribly active when I first discovered the area last spring, but there were some fairly frequent posters. That's too bad, as I thought that it was a great opportunity for interaction for a CLFer who lives too far from a church to consider joining or for someone too disabled or ill to participate in a "real life" church.

CLF seemed somewhat indirect at times when I was a member up until about ten years ago as it was still only a church-by-mail then. While I did manage to go to some workshops at a UU conference center a few times and got a sense of what the "churched" UU could be like, I sometimes felt a bit at sea with only things to read or recorded sermons to listen to.

Oh, well, maybe the forum activity will pick up again soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 7:34PM #32
DotNotInOz
Huh! I just checked back into the CLF forums and noticed that hardly anyone posts there anymore. It wasn't terribly active when I first discovered the area last spring, but there were some fairly frequent posters. That's too bad, as I thought that it was a great opportunity for interaction for a CLFer who lives too far from a church to consider joining or for someone too disabled or ill to participate in a "real life" church.

CLF seemed somewhat indirect at times when I was a member up until about ten years ago as it was still only a church-by-mail then. While I did manage to go to some workshops at a UU conference center a few times and got a sense of what the "churched" UU could be like, I sometimes felt a bit at sea with only things to read or recorded sermons to listen to.

Oh, well, maybe the forum activity will pick up again soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 2:56PM #33
metachosis
I just received several emails from them today. There was a glitch in the computer, so I had to apply three times. We got everything sorted out.

I joined the general annoucement forum. I also joined the mental illness list, as I'm interested in information about depression and PTSD. I will join some of their other lists. I would like to get a copy of UU World. I'm not sure what all i will get with a trial membership. I may take one of their online courses.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 7:13AM #34
Jupiter6208

You can try the Unity Churrch A well  

www.unity.org

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook