Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Ramblings of a prospective newbie...
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 7:34PM #31
DotNotInOz
Huh! I just checked back into the CLF forums and noticed that hardly anyone posts there anymore. It wasn't terribly active when I first discovered the area last spring, but there were some fairly frequent posters. That's too bad, as I thought that it was a great opportunity for interaction for a CLFer who lives too far from a church to consider joining or for someone too disabled or ill to participate in a "real life" church.

CLF seemed somewhat indirect at times when I was a member up until about ten years ago as it was still only a church-by-mail then. While I did manage to go to some workshops at a UU conference center a few times and got a sense of what the "churched" UU could be like, I sometimes felt a bit at sea with only things to read or recorded sermons to listen to.

Oh, well, maybe the forum activity will pick up again soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 29, 2008 - 7:34PM #32
DotNotInOz
Huh! I just checked back into the CLF forums and noticed that hardly anyone posts there anymore. It wasn't terribly active when I first discovered the area last spring, but there were some fairly frequent posters. That's too bad, as I thought that it was a great opportunity for interaction for a CLFer who lives too far from a church to consider joining or for someone too disabled or ill to participate in a "real life" church.

CLF seemed somewhat indirect at times when I was a member up until about ten years ago as it was still only a church-by-mail then. While I did manage to go to some workshops at a UU conference center a few times and got a sense of what the "churched" UU could be like, I sometimes felt a bit at sea with only things to read or recorded sermons to listen to.

Oh, well, maybe the forum activity will pick up again soon.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2008 - 2:56PM #33
metachosis
I just received several emails from them today. There was a glitch in the computer, so I had to apply three times. We got everything sorted out.

I joined the general annoucement forum. I also joined the mental illness list, as I'm interested in information about depression and PTSD. I will join some of their other lists. I would like to get a copy of UU World. I'm not sure what all i will get with a trial membership. I may take one of their online courses.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 20, 2009 - 7:13AM #34
Jupiter6208

You can try the Unity Churrch A well  

www.unity.org

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook