Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Learning about humanism
7 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2008 - 1:29AM #21
Mriana
[QUOTE]That there are people out there willing to make their contribution through various "Humanist" organizations is to be lauded, not condemned. If I have offended you, or said something that went down the wrong way, I apologize.[/QUOTE]

OK I can accept that.  Besides, there maybe a day I won't be able to contribute, but I would still consider myself a Humanist, with a capital "H".  That's where I disagree with the lower case and capital case.  I don't think whether a Humanist can contribute or not changes how the word Humanist is written.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 13, 2008 - 5:16PM #22
Jcarlinbn

Mriana wrote:

As a rule though, most Humanist do not rely on a supernatural belief or believe in any deity. It's a non-theistic belief.

But when the big H Humanists get on the case of deists and theists, they can be just as insufferable as any fundy Christian.  It is one of the reasons I don't choose that label.  I am thoroughly humanistic in philosophy, lifestyle, and outlook but choose atheist to describe all mostly to disassociate from the lunatic fringe of Humanists. 

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook