Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Unity = No-Thing (my thoughts)
9 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2008 - 12:46PM #1
EyesoftheWorld
Here's an attempt to communicate my understanding of Unity, which is a word I've used around here a bit.

As a preface, you have to really try to picture your seeing of what I'm describing in a way that is not like you're there looking or like you're watching a video camera's film that captured what I try to describe. You have to somehow think of being a witness to something there could be no witnesses to, because what I'm trying to describe would fill the Universe with a Unity,

There was no separation, therefore the word "thing" was meaningless as that word necessarily denotes at least the thinker or word-giver and that which is being given the title/name thing. There was no thing. All was one.

I'm not saying the Unity was or was not "conscious" because all of our experience of consciousness is as individuals, separate from everything else. Unity is like the opposite. I'm not saying everything was like crazy-glued together either. I'm thinking like a homogenity akin to the scientific idea of there being just hydrogen before the Big Bang. But that idea isn't quite compatible b/c of the idea of separate hydrogen atoms, so try to take the general idea of the potentiality hydrogen represents (being the source of all other elements through it's sharing of electrons, scientifically speaking), but leaving the idea of countless individual units.

Maybe you can imagine a room absolutely filled with Potential, which is probably not  a good idea b/c it brings in ideas of limitation and form. but what I'm trying to express is there was no conceivable limit (not that the Unity/Potential could perceive it's unlimitedness or limits if it had any), so there was no "cause" for even the objective concept of "this Unity ends here", because that would denote the Unity as being a "thing".

Somehow, for some reason, this changed and the Unity exploded/divided into everything that has been, is and will be. It's not wrong or right. There's just potentiality and energy. The flow of this potentiality changing, taking form for a while, and dissolving away to take form again later, and the movement of those forms and dissolved forms between incarnations can be called the Tao.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2008 - 12:46PM #2
EyesoftheWorld
Here's an attempt to communicate my understanding of Unity, which is a word I've used around here a bit.

As a preface, you have to really try to picture your seeing of what I'm describing in a way that is not like you're there looking or like you're watching a video camera's film that captured what I try to describe. You have to somehow think of being a witness to something there could be no witnesses to, because what I'm trying to describe would fill the Universe with a Unity,

There was no separation, therefore the word "thing" was meaningless as that word necessarily denotes at least the thinker or word-giver and that which is being given the title/name thing. There was no thing. All was one.

I'm not saying the Unity was or was not "conscious" because all of our experience of consciousness is as individuals, separate from everything else. Unity is like the opposite. I'm not saying everything was like crazy-glued together either. I'm thinking like a homogenity akin to the scientific idea of there being just hydrogen before the Big Bang. But that idea isn't quite compatible b/c of the idea of separate hydrogen atoms, so try to take the general idea of the potentiality hydrogen represents (being the source of all other elements through it's sharing of electrons, scientifically speaking), but leaving the idea of countless individual units.

Maybe you can imagine a room absolutely filled with Potential, which is probably not  a good idea b/c it brings in ideas of limitation and form. but what I'm trying to express is there was no conceivable limit (not that the Unity/Potential could perceive it's unlimitedness or limits if it had any), so there was no "cause" for even the objective concept of "this Unity ends here", because that would denote the Unity as being a "thing".

Somehow, for some reason, this changed and the Unity exploded/divided into everything that has been, is and will be. It's not wrong or right. There's just potentiality and energy. The flow of this potentiality changing, taking form for a while, and dissolving away to take form again later, and the movement of those forms and dissolved forms between incarnations can be called the Tao.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2011 - 1:45PM #3
Eisenhans

Sep 1, 2008 -- 12:46PM, EyesoftheWorld wrote:

As a preface, you have to really try to picture your seeing of what I'm describing in a way that is not like you're there looking or like you're watching a video camera's film that captured what I try to describe. You have to somehow think of being a witness to something there could be no witnesses to, because what I'm trying to describe would fill the Universe with a Unity

???

That's not making any sense, mate.  Can you try again?

Eisenhans

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook