Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Welcome Thread!
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 12:51AM #31
Jcarlinbn
[COLOR="YellowGreen"]Please Welcome  back Mugly_Wumple[/COLOR]
to the Atheism Boards and to beliefnet.
Thanks for joining us.

I thought I recognized the name.  Glad to see you back again.
Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 10:25AM #32
Neomonist

For some reason, I cannot get into the 'transition' thread to read it. Anyone know why? I do not have this problem with other threads.

Just curious.

Neo

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 7:09PM #33
Agnosticspirit

Jul 21, 2009 -- 10:25AM, Neomonist wrote:

For some reason, I cannot get into the 'transition' thread to read it. Anyone know why? I do not have this problem with other threads.

Just curious.

Neo

Although we've met elsewhere, welcome Neo....Yes, it's a known issue with this platform. Embedded code from Microsoft word prevents users on IE7 and some versions of FF from viewing threads. Can you provide your browser version?

I asked stoic to edit his post to remove coding left by Microsoft word ---- Sometimes the member can edit their post to remove it, sometimes the moderator needs to do it.

Safest bet is to copy text from an innocuous Notepad without any embedded code. Pain in the arse...... but until the bnet tech gods fix this, we're stuck with it.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2009 - 7:22PM #34
Neomonist

Jul 21, 2009 -- 7:09PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Although we've met elsewhere, welcome Neo....Yes, it's a known issue with this platform. Embedded code from Microsoft word prevents users on IE7 and some versions of FF from viewing threads. Can you provide your browser version?

IE8. The Yahoo one that was the latest upgrade. It came as a surprise from my grandson while I was at work. Imagine my surprise when I fired it off and saw Yahoo! rather than AOL.

Undecided

Thanks.

Neo

Standard Disclaimer: This is just my 2cents worth.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2009 - 7:30AM #35
Karma_yeshe_dorje
G'day Agnosticspirit:

"a land called Southern"

Same here.

HazyElf:

"atheist"

Secular Humanism is 7th (76%) on my Belief-O-Matic™ list.
www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/...

enso:

"I  was threatened with physical violence by a priest while going to classes for the blessed sacrament of confirmation"

Passage rite refuse?

Wiscidea:

«"card-carrying" atheist»

I'm here for philosophy; I'm studying Nietzsche.

KARD9000:

«those who "belong"»

A Pagan described me as an outsider!

Seeker630:

"at Beliefnet since about 2000"

I've been here a long time: through two removals!

jcarlinbn:

"beliefnet ran out of space"

Debate was fierier in the old days!

Eudaimonist:

"single female atheists or agnostics"

I had a Christian partner, then a Christian girlfriend. The latter recommended that my next girlfriend should be Buddhist!

artboyz:

"That these seemingly similar religions didn't approve of each other made them both seem really silly"

Tribal politics.

Islam put me off Catholicism; I couldn't tell the difference!

NWFrank:

"this particular forum is really hard to find."

I found it under "Philosophy".

"BeliefNet home page, I tried searching"

I found searching here inconsistent and usually ineffective!

"I really don't know"

I would like to see more "Don't know/Don't care/Not applicable" options in survey forms!

ThirtyThreeAs:

"I've been lurking"

You are shy.

"modern day evolution"

Try virology and oncology.

cloudlogic:

"Mennonite church, but spent much of my schooling in fundamentalist Baptist "

Christian.

"life of purpose"

This to me is important. Goallessness in the public service caused me great stress!

"I am an atheist because my parents, sister, grandparents, and most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins are Christians"

Since you are anti-Christian, look up Satanism.

"Unitarian Universalist"

I scored top (100%) for that! Tell me about it, as this denomination does not exist here.

Mugly_Wumple:

"professes ignorance"

This strikes me as worthy. By contrast, I have met many who attempted to loquaciously pretend knowledge!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 9:47PM #36
Jcarlinbn

Aug 16, 2009 -- 7:30AM, Karma_yeshe_dorje wrote:

I've been here a long time: through two removals!

Nobody cares anymore.  I think I can guess a user name or two, but you can tell if you want to.     

jcarlinbn:  "beliefnet ran out of space"  Debate was fierier in the old days!

Times change,  the old hosts got pissed and banned too many people.  Many went elsewhere.  Here debate standards are up to the high standards of Fox News, the new owner.  

"Unitarian Universalist"  I scored top (100%) for that! Tell me about it, as this denomination does not exist here.

They have a board, not too active since a bunch of people got pissed that J'Carlin was asked to host and left for a blog.  And a website.   

Jcarlinbn, community moderator
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2009 - 2:24AM #37
Karma_yeshe_dorje

jcarlinbn:

user name or two, but you can tell

Same name--just I only recently visited this board. Innocent

Summit

Many went elsewhere.
The occupants of my previous forums decamped en bloc!

debate standards are up to the high standards of Fox
This afternoon I watched a movie banned in China.

website
I like its home page!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2010 - 7:30PM #38
Wolfhoundgrowl

Guys....just to grab the bull by the horns and get back in with the community. I was whitephoenix, I was away cos I needed to be, I cam back in september but I've not been vocal and havn't dropped in often......now I'm back for full participation!

Good to be back. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2010 - 7:15PM #39
Minergal

Hi everybody... I am new here at Beliefnet, but I have been struggling with my spiritual identity for a number of years now.  I have recently come to the realization that I am atheist, which is a challenge where I live since most people in the area are either Catholic or Lutheran, but fortunately, my significant other is also atheist.  I've been reading the conversations here, and I look forward to participating and getting other members' viewpoints.

Nov 24, 2008 -- 4:46AM, Eudaimonist wrote:

I registered with Beliefnet years ago, but haven't participated much recently.  I may do this more now that ChristianForums is going to hell.  I live in Sundsvall, Sweden. If there are any single female atheists or agnostics living near there, drop me a line. :)  I'm a naturalistic nontheist who lives by a secular philosophy called Eudaimonism.  It advocates a positive, can-do attitude on life, and aims at cultivating wisdom, courage, creativity, kindness, self-esteem, and happiness.   eudaimonia,  Mark

Eudaimonist--I used to live in Sundsvall!  I lived there between 2001 - 2005, as I was married to a Swedish man.  What a small world! Smile

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Feb 08, 2010 - 6:14PM #40
Agnosticspirit

Welcome back, wolfhound. Welcome, minergal!

AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook