Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Info from divine sources?
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 9:05PM #1
rizen33
Hello Everyone,

I've been practicing ways to develop my psychic/intuitive abilities.  I'm not sure if the information I receive comes from me or an external source; however if the information is external, is there a way (or something I can do) to help ensure the messages I receive are coming from God or a divine positive source?

Thanks
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 11, 2008 - 11:36AM #2
windwizard
Rizen
Well although you do not mention what it is you do to enhance your skills, it really isnt essential in answering this particular question for you.
As one who has read for a great many years I can say for myself I receive a valadation in the form of 'goosebumps' or similar type reaction when I think of my response to said question of spirit.
All who work intuitively regularly will have a tell tale of their own, which is perhaps designed in such a way that they know immediatly 'where' the information is coming from.
As well before embarking on a read it is a good idea to specify before you begin where it is you wish to be when in search of answers for your querant.
There are many, however what works best IMO is when we taylor one to suit our beliefs and current need with respect to the reading we are doing.  I generally say something similar to:
'I wish answers only from those who are within the light, those who walk with God''
In this way I have ruled out responses from those with whom I do not want to work with.   You can of course have more detail or use words that you are most accustomed to using when dealing with Spirit.  As well anytime you are doing readings or practising with your intuition, try to keep an open mind while watching for any tell tale signs that seem to be repeating each time you walk into the light.  In time it will become second nature just to 'know' who it is your working with, however in times of uncertainty it is best to say a little prayer suggesting who it is your in search of for answers or help. Then to pay special attention whenever they are in fact around so that you will always know by either a way you feel or something you hear.
I hope this helps answer your question in some way, of course if it does not please do not hesitate to tell me so.  lol

Love and Light ^0^
Your Host
~~WIND~~
Intutive Counseling
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2008 - 9:39AM #3
spiritalk
When the energies are high and warm and fuzzy in nature, we are connected to a spirit source.  Sometimes will be stronger than others.  No message is of a higher source that is not positive and uplifting. 

Consider what you say to others in that light - if it doesn't feel right - don't say it.

We can 'ask' for the highest and best, then fill ourselves with the opposite - that just won't get the job done!  Don't pay lip service to your intent - make it real!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2008 - 10:54AM #4
windwizard
JJ
You mentioned that if a message is not uplifting, then it is not from source.
You and I disagree here my dear, for I have given many messages over the years that may not have been upbeat and full of wonderful news.  I am surprised you felt otherwise?  Perhaps it is the mere wording of your response that indicates this.   Anyone who reads, in a true light knows with certainty that all messages cannot be wonderful and light.  Could you perhaps devulge where it is I have misunderstood your post, or if so, where you perhaps misunderstood mine?
We have touched on this before with agreement that no message is ever given if Spirit/Source feels the querant cannot accept or handle the response they receive. 

Love and Light ^0^
Your Host
~~WIND~~
Intuitive Counseling
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 9:37AM #5
spiritalk
Suppose you saw with all certainty that the sitter was going to have an accident or maybe even die, would you give it?  Is it of the light to pass such information and create a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Yes, there are some hard truths that come through - it happened to me just recently.  I 'blurted out' something that didn't sound very caring and kind about another person - it was certainly of the light - but required in the context to be said matter of factly (which my quides tend to do with accuracy). 

When we instinctually or intuitively hear a message for ourselves - how would we decide it is for our own best good, if we did not have a rapport for receiving only that which is required in love and light.  There is a warm and fuzzy energy feel to what is for real and it is cold otherwise.  I work in energy.

Sorry for the misunderstanding - hope this explains it better.  It is the intent of the message that is so important.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2008 - 4:06PM #6
BeerLover
[QUOTE=rizen33;204439]Hello Everyone,

I've been practicing ways to develop my psychic/intuitive abilities.  I'm not sure if the information I receive comes from me or an external source; however if the information is external, is there a way (or something I can do) to help ensure the messages I receive are coming from God or a divine positive source?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Sienna"]Rizen,

You have touched upon an issue of interest to me- from within or from without?  Having lived with  a schizophrenic who was absolutely convinced all these messages came from other beings, it can be important.  The voices were clearly her own inventions, though.  When it comes to using esoteric gifts to help others, I would ask if it's really important.  I turn the tarot cards and meditate on them, look at the pictures, and turn over many ideas in my head.  Finally, I'll write up an interpretation.  What exactly guides me to the final interpretation?  Spirit Guides? Empathy?  My own subconsious?  Quite honestly I don't know.  I usually do the write up without feeling anything definite.  I write, and trust it is accurate, and about 90% of the time, it is.

Regarding the ultimate source, perhaps it is some sort of collective consciousness, perhaps it is we intuitives who decide how to use the otherwise neutral information.  We, not the source, make the message good or evil.  It's really an interesting idea, one which I need to ponder.  I've always wondered the concepts of good and evil were purely human constructs.

Peace,
BeerLover

"Fairness is a construct of purely human origin.
Snails and stars do not expect fairness.
Only humans inveigh against the silent cosmos as if they were entiltled to something better."

-from "Red Branch"
Morgan Llewellyn[/COLOR]
[/FONT]
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 12:37AM #7
Whisperingal
"We have touched on this before with agreement that no message is ever given if Spirit/Source feels the querant cannot accept or handle the response they receive."

There are many many situations that would make this less than true on its face.

Just because a message has been received does NOT mean it *must* be passed along.

There are issues of discernment that come into play--and which reflect the experience and wisdom of the initial recipient.

WGal
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 6:15AM #8
windwizard
Writingal
Again I must disagree.
You see at a time when I first began using my intuition and developed my channel ability to where it now is........I was told by Spirit and then later by my teacher and mentor that absolutely no message would ever be brought to me WHILE I was with the querent that was not to be repeated.

I absolutely believe that it was (and still is) that  way for me, and unfortunatly there is no such thing as paying someone to give you all the good stuff and then hide the bad.  To me that would be an awfully poor way to reach out and help someone to get onto their path of highest and best use while here on earth.

EVERYONE has ups and downs in their life course and not one person is ever offered immunity from that occuring.   To even imply that it is possible for this to be the case, really sounds sorta foolish wouldnt you say?   Imagine though how grande it would be to offer everyone that is read only absolutely good news, and misguide them away from the shadows in life.  But then if one were to do that, I dont imagine they could possibly help the querent through lifes difficulties.  If this were the best way to help someone in need then wouldnt it be even nicer to simply tell them to have coffee with their closest friend and save their money.........aferall we wouldnt be helping them find their way now would we?  In essence we would be encourging them to be naive' and weak in nature and of course more importantly taking away all possiblity of having hopes and dreams.  They would never stop and fix what may be stopping them for progressing if they were told how wonderful everything is and to forget about anything that isnt just 'rosey'.

I do agree that there are those who simply cannot handle knowing anything that doesnt sparkle, however 'intuition' would lead a reader to that conclusion long before the message process even started.

I suspect you and I work very differently at what we do, for I would never consider hiding facts or misleading anyone.   By sharing only that which is wonderful and nothing more, then misleading is exactly what one would be doing in my opinion. 

Take each person as they come, and spirit will guide you through the rest!

Love and Light ^0^
Your Host
~~WIND~~
Intuitive Counseling
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 15, 2008 - 10:15AM #9
spiritalk
Personal responsibility to one's own ethics must apply.  I do not give negativity as a matter of course.  But I have some really helpful ways of seeing over, around or through their particular problems without dwelling on the problem itself and in the negativity of the situation.

There was a reader at services I was working who constantly came with .... your life is soooooooo bad ...and all they dwelled upon was the person's dirty laundry, rather than a resultant path of correction.  This, too, is what negativity can do - fulfill the prophecy.  Showing the light would have given another perspective.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2008 - 4:21PM #10
rizen33
Everyone brought up some really good points.

I really appreciate the help and replies.

Thank you
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook