Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Religion or Philosophy?
4 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2014 - 11:14AM #51
Freestyle

Jan 10, 2008 -- 4:47PM, paulisue wrote:

Hi, I'm still learning about taoism. I heard Dr. Wayne Dwyer once speaking about Lao Tzu and said that he would be shocked if anyone called taoism a religion. It is solely philosophy. So I was curious what the rest of you though. Is taoism a religion or a philosophy. Are there solidly religious aspects in taoism?

Taoism is a Celtic religion based upon the Taoists led by Morgan LaFey (Mulan) in A.D. 1013 Ireland.  They were devoted to the Tao Te Ching and hence the name of the religion.  The philosophy of Taoism is just an aphormism.  Chinese philosophy is very paradoxial as found in the old proverb, "True words offend the ears."

Of course, Dr. Dyer is half-right.  Taoism is both a Chinese philosophy and a medieval Celtic religion.  Taoism as a philosophy is Eastern Taoism.  Taoism as a religion is called Western Taoism.

I went into the spirit realm and spoke with Lao-tzu one time and he said that he was not shocked to hear Taoism as a Western religion but rather surprised.  He laughed at the concept and said, "Raven, my friend, I am not the founder of a religion or a philosophy.  I am just the author of the Tao Te Ching."  I was fortunate enough to speak Chinese, so I spoke with him and Jesus.  I was surprised to hear what I already knew, that (1)the Tao Te Ching became the center of the Shang Tao, (2)the Shang Tao begat Western Taoism and (3)in order to be a Taoist, one must have God's permission since the teachings are esoteric and He is Gaia, a She.

Of course, the only religious discople who can stand up to Satan without Jesus is the Taoist such as myself -- the Freestyle (Raven).  All you have to do is ask God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook