Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Dr.s Must Treat Gays and Lesbians
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 11:07PM #41
Sacrificialgoddess

charliejohn48 wrote:

sacrificialgoddess-"I know a doctor who finds Christians in general to be evil and distasteful. I suppose he could refuse to treat them with elective medical services."

charliejohn- Really. Then Christians shouldn't pratonize that physician for any medical services. I'm sure if he knew that you might leak his personal views about us Christians he would probably tell you to SHUT UP so he wouldn't lose any business.

Do you know who I am talking about?  Then likely you know him, too, and have has personal conversations as well.  I didn't name him, afterall.  :rolleyes:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 11:26PM #42
xequar
[QUOTE=charliejohn48;739354]charliejohn-That's actually what is coming to the world for those who don't accept the Mark of the Beast in Revelation. Prophetic[/QUOTE]BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! 

Wait, hold on, give me a moment... 

*snicker*  *cough*  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 03, 2008 - 11:31PM #43
charliejohn48
sacrificialgoddess- "Do you know who I am talking about? Then likely you know him, too, and have has personal conversations as well. I didn't name him, afterall. "

charliejohn- You didn't goddess. My post was hypothetical. I was just stating that "IF" he thought that anyone would let known his views about Christians,  he would tell that person to SHUT UP because it would hurt his business, that's all. I worded incorrectly. My apologizes.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 12:00AM #44
ZenYen
CharlieJohn: Some medical facilities receive tax money to provide services in underserved areas, etc. Do you think a medical practitioner whose religious convictions prompt him to refuse elective medical service to homosexuals should give up any government funding used to keep his facility running? In other words, if service won't be provided in a fair manner, do you think the doctor should give up taking any taxpayers' money?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 12:24AM #45
TPaine
[QUOTE=ZenYen;739632]CharlieJohn: Some medical facilities receive tax money to provide services in underserved areas, etc. Do you think a medical practitioner whose religious convictions prompt him to refuse elective medical service to homosexuals should give up any government funding used to keep his facility running? In other words, if service won't be provided in a fair manner, do you think the doctor should give up taking any taxpayers' money?[/QUOTE]

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson: Bill for Religious Freedom, 1779.
"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world that is dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." -- Justice William Brennan: Speech to the Text and Teaching Symposium at Georgetown University (October 12, 1985)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 5:11AM #46
charliejohn48
ZenYen- "CharlieJohn: Some medical facilities receive tax money to provide services in underserved areas, etc. Do you think a medical practitioner whose religious convictions prompt him to refuse elective medical service to homosexuals should give up any government funding used to keep his facility running? In other words, if service won't be provided in a fair manner, do you think the doctor should give up taking any taxpayers' money?'

charliejohn- That's a fair question. And you are correct. A Christian Doctor should consider on whether he or she should partake in goverment funding for their medical services they provide if that entails going against their personal beliefs. Example, being force to do abortions to receive goverment contract for medical services, I think that is a decision Christian doctors are making on a regular basis. I hope that they are refusing the goverment funds and keeping their Christians convictions intake. Maybe one day Roe vs Wade will be overturn and they wouldn't have to be force to make those decision anymore. But thank God that many Christian doctors are still able to practice in the medical professions and not have to compromise on their beliefs. And making a good living because God is blessing them.

6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 12:39PM #47
ZenYen
Can anyone, anywhere cite one credible example of a doctor being forced to perform abortions despite a religious or moral objection to abortion? Anyone? Hello?

If your religion leads you to believe abortion is wrong, you can go into some other medical field. No one is saying any particular doctor must perform abortions.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 1:10PM #48
xequar
You know, I remember hearing several years ago about a football player that turned down an NFL contract because it involved working on the Sabbath, which went against his Christian beliefs. 

Now tell me why it should be any different for anyone else in any other field.  That guy turned down millions of dollars because it conflicted with his faith.  Rather than taking the contract and then bitching and whining and trying to get the league to bend to his religious beliefs, he chose a path that was in line with what he believed.  So, if a Christian doctor knows they're going to be put into a position where they will have to treat someone with whom they disagree, why should he be allowed to refuse?  He's offering services, and if those services conflict with his faith, then he should choose a different job or stop offering those services entirely.  If I decide to start doing freelance video editing, should I be allowed to turn away a Christian client wanting to do a video against homosexuality because I disagree with the client's religious beliefs?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 1:50PM #49
dblad

charliejohn48 wrote:

"Lawyers for the clinic and two of its doctors said they were considering an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court. One supporter of the physicians called the ruling a strike against religious freedom..

The key words here are "CONSIDERING an appeal"...

Sorry Charlie... the appeal will never happen. They know it would never fly to deny the rights of LBGT,s any more than it would to deny the rights of anyone else... even the RR should have better sense than that.

:D

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2008 - 6:48PM #50
charliejohn48
ZENYEN- "If your religion leads you to believe abortion is wrong, you can go into some other medical field. No one is saying any particular doctor must perform abortions."

WORLDNETDAILY REPORTED RECENTLY:

"The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released information yesterday about a proposed new rule that would strengthen protection for medical professionals who refuse to perform abortions for moral or religious reasons.
"Health care professionals should not be forced to provide services that violate their own conscience," said Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt, in a conference call with reporters."

charliejohn- ZENYEN, Why would Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt propose a rule to strengthen protection of medical professional's moral or religious beliefs if there wasn't a reason to?
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook