Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View I am afraid to talk to my angels!
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 6:42PM #1
LandS
Hi folks
I've been lurking around this site since I stumbled on the info on angel numbers.
I have been seeing 11;11, 1;11, 2;22, 3;33 etc every day and night for so long that I've begun to believe that someone was reaching out to me. I thought maybe a relative that had passed over but I 'd never before considered angels.(I nearly fell off my chair when i read those posts!)
I was raised a conservative Christian, Jesus was the only way and other things like guides and angels were just not part of my awareness.
So i feel as tho maybe they are reaching out to me but here is why I am afraid to go there.  Years ago I was searching and I got a psychic reading.  She was really odd if you know what I mean and she said 'your guides are silly, chattering things"  then she said "they say that a boy you a very close to will die when he is 13 years old."
I was stunned but pushed it awaybut now  I am the mother of two young boys and I get chills every time I think of it.  I am really afraid to delve into that world.
Any opinions or advice?
Like I said I really feel as tho something is reaching out to me but I don't know what I am getting into.
blessings to you all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 6:42PM #2
LandS
Hi folks
I've been lurking around this site since I stumbled on the info on angel numbers.
I have been seeing 11;11, 1;11, 2;22, 3;33 etc every day and night for so long that I've begun to believe that someone was reaching out to me. I thought maybe a relative that had passed over but I 'd never before considered angels.(I nearly fell off my chair when i read those posts!)
I was raised a conservative Christian, Jesus was the only way and other things like guides and angels were just not part of my awareness.
So i feel as tho maybe they are reaching out to me but here is why I am afraid to go there.  Years ago I was searching and I got a psychic reading.  She was really odd if you know what I mean and she said 'your guides are silly, chattering things"  then she said "they say that a boy you a very close to will die when he is 13 years old."
I was stunned but pushed it awaybut now  I am the mother of two young boys and I get chills every time I think of it.  I am really afraid to delve into that world.
Any opinions or advice?
Like I said I really feel as tho something is reaching out to me but I don't know what I am getting into.
blessings to you all!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 08, 2008 - 8:05PM #3
Stardove

LandS wrote:

Hi folks
So i feel as tho maybe they are reaching out to me but here is why I am afraid to go there. Years ago I was searching and I got a psychic reading. She was really odd if you know what I mean and she said 'your guides are silly, chattering things" then she said "they say that a boy you a very close to will die when he is 13 years old."
I was stunned but pushed it awaybut now I am the mother of two young boys and I get chills every time I think of it. I am really afraid to delve into that world.
Any opinions or advice?
blessings to you all!

Land, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you finally posted and found the Angel Number thread.

I too was raised as a conservative Christian, a Southern Baptist to be exact. In my early adult years I began to start thinking outside of that box. There was a lot of fear God and if a person doesn't believe this way they are heading for hell. Not a lot of love in the messages of my religious youth. Eventually I did discover a lid on the box and had the courage to jump out. Today I say my religious upbringing is a solid foundation for the spiritual path I am on.

As to the reading you got I want you to hear very clearly that even the best of the best are never 100% correct. A really good reader might be 80% right. We must also remember free will has a lot to do with why a reading at the time could be correct, but life can change because of free will. We all come to forks in the road of our lives. Depending on which way we choose to go determines different outcomes.

Remember where we focus our attention is what we draw to us. Do not get into the fear, but allow your thoughts to go where you want your life to head. The rabbit is known as the fear caller. In it's fear of being eaten by wolf it cries out in it's fear. Guess what? The wolf hears the rabbit crying out and comes and eats the rabbit.

Don't be a rabbit. ;)

You are a powerful spiritual being and create with your thoughts and words.  Be the love you are.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 7:09AM #4
MikAngl55
Hi Land,

I'm also so glad you posted. I also agree with everything Stardove said. :)

I would say you were led here to get some answers. :)

Those numbers are definitely the wake-up calls from the angels, which doesn't mean you're going to start hearing voices. It just means they're trying to get you to notice that they're there and want to help you.

The angels come from God, they're all thru the bible and in most other religions too. Maybe they want to help you get over the fears you've stated here. They will help you get over your fears, all you have to do is ask and believe.

If you're not comfortable you might want to start with a protection prayer, surrounding yourself in God's white light of protection, and knowing nothing bad can get through. Then talk to your angels, even just in your head, you can even address them as "my angels". Ask them for help with certain things and see how quickly solutions seem to come, or you can ask them for a sign to show you that they're there.

Please keep posting with any other questions. There are lots of people here who want to help.

Love,
Julie

As far as your psychic goes, it doesn't sound very respectful to me for her to have said what she said about your guides. In my experience guides and angels will give you mesages that will help you in your journey, not cause you to be afraid. Everybody has off days. :)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 10:00AM #5
LandS
Thank you both for your quick and encouraging replies.
This (moving towards the angels) is a step that I just have to take.
I'm 39 this year and I think that it would be wonderful to turn 40 as a  truly spiritual mature woman!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 2:26PM #6
The_Absent_Minded_Princess
that is weird because I have noticed that number a lot as well 11:11.  It seems ilke every time I look at the clock it has that time up there.   so yes, I seem to look at the clock every twelve hours. LOL
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 2:35PM #7
LandS
11:11 is just one Ibought groceries today and it rang up to 222.22.  its uncanny everyday
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 8:21AM #8
MikAngl55
Isn't it just awesome!! I love it when that happens, the more the better.

Princess, you might want to read the angel numbers thread, if you haven't, for an idea of what the angel numbers mean.

Love,
Julie
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 1:02PM #9
dreamhealth
I don't think there's anything wrong with conservatice Christian. Yet, the two might not be the same thing. As a Catholic, we had the guardian angel prayer, which I didn't use and also the prayer to St. Michael, which was a prayer for the world. When I learned about my actual angel in 2003, it was in a non-Catholic way though it happened in the context of God's will: he willed for me to go to graduate school, which I finished. There were many amazing miracles which were school-related which made me ask questions, in a way. I would just shake my head and say, "God really wants this degree for me. It's his will because things falling apart, apparently, would be supplied by a miracle and on my way I went.!"

I was in a chatroom called "Your Spirit Guides" when a question was asked about meeting the right people, happening onto the right book, helpful coincidences. Click! I knew that my guardian angel was helping me through grad school. Through the years, I would notice that there would be divine help but not God himslef as I knew him. It was a good as God. Now, I knew what was going on. I felt a little stupid in a way: I should know this stuff.

Two weeks later, on the corner table of a bookstore with NOTHING ELSE ON IT, there was a book called YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL AND YOU. I felt the angel presence and was suspcious and somewhat resistant! But, I picked up the book and a few weeks later bought and studied it. This is good reading that won't steer you wrong. The author is Denny Sargent. To  help your dilemma, I hope, God knows all your thoughts, and your angel, already connected to you since your beginning (people don't realize this), knows your thoughts, too. So, is there any difference in talking to your angel or to God. There is in entity, but but not in their divine awareness since the angel is only doing God's bidding in 24/7 service. Look at Psalm 91:11-12. This was the very verse that Satan tried to tempt Jesus with: throw yourself off the Temple, and an angel will catch you. How conservative Christian do you want to get? Right in the Bible. Jesus obviously did not fall for a lie, but at his agony in the garden, an angel came and ministered to him? What went on there? Well, pretty much what went on for me in grad school.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 4:47PM #10
AZKaren
Lands...I grew up sort of like Stardoves religious upbringing...if it wasn't the church it was my sister or best friend that  tried to guide me with fear. I just recently in this last year got the wake up call and found out more about angels. It scared me at first...just the unknown, but after time and going with my instincts I knew the angels are with me, just as is Jesus. I talk to all of them and know I am much happier. You found this site and Thread and maybe found it by an angel helping you. You'll find more and more opening up around you as you reach for the angels to help you. I'd like to hear how angels help you a year from now.Life is so much easier now with my angels & spirit guides by my side.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook