Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Can you taste the flavor of it?
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 5:38PM #1
Bearsky
Can you smell the scent of it in the people you meet, in the forests and mountains, on busy city streets, in the events that unfold around you, or in your own thoughts and day dreams.  Does it ever make you a little dizzy?  Do you ever walk around sober, yet drunk as a skunk?   Have you  ever cried tears of unreasonable joy or wept oceans of tears for it in your deepest sleep?  Have you ever..........
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 8:32PM #2
Flowupstream
Yep!
Tastes like chicken.

We really do spend way too much time looking for something "out there" to the point that we miss the flavor of reality.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 9:28PM #3
wonderment
After having met and killed any number of Buddhas along the way I think the "have you ever's" begin to dominate and take over one's life more and more. The full impact of having nothing to "get", and in a sense no one to get it, settles in, and the heart becomes increasingly lost in the sheer wonder of Itself teeming with life and endlessly manifesting as each new, never to be repeated moment. "It" is seen in every where, and every when, and every what, why, and how, causing that same heart to split wide open on a daily basis, thereby continually emptying itself of any sense of solidity. Forever moving, forever free, forever grounded in the groundless; totally fulfilled in the spontaneous immediacy of this eternal now.

Thanks for providing the opportunity to speak so freely from the heart Dennis.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 10:07PM #4
Flowupstream
[QUOTE=wonderment;190988]grounded in the groundless
[/QUOTE]
Sweet indeed
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:41PM #5
Nico1089
hi flow,--taste like chicken. wow, a new koan!
Reality is never been a steady state for me 24/7. i've tasted the scent of all those tangible sensible things of creation thru all my senses all my life piled on all my memories of them. as some folks say, there is nothing new under the sun.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 11:51PM #6
Flowupstream
[QUOTE=nico1089;193587]hi flow,--taste like chicken. wow, a new koan!
  ....as some folks say, there is nothing new under the sun.[/QUOTE]
Hey Nico,
Can it be a Koan and have a tangible answer?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 12:17AM #7
Nico1089
hi flow,  i'm stunned! that's even better than the last one. maybe we should ressurect the bhudda and ask 'im. if i try to think too much it makes me tired.--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:41PM #8
Nico1089
hi flow,--taste like chicken. wow, a new koan!
Reality is never been a steady state for me 24/7. i've tasted the scent of all those tangible sensible things of creation thru all my senses all my life piled on all my memories of them. as some folks say, there is nothing new under the sun.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 11:51PM #9
Flowupstream
[QUOTE=nico1089;193587]hi flow,--taste like chicken. wow, a new koan!
  ....as some folks say, there is nothing new under the sun.[/QUOTE]
Hey Nico,
Can it be a Koan and have a tangible answer?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 07, 2008 - 12:17AM #10
Nico1089
hi flow,  i'm stunned! that's even better than the last one. maybe we should ressurect the bhudda and ask 'im. if i try to think too much it makes me tired.--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook