Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The search for flash bangs!
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 6:25PM #1
Bearsky
More foolish chatter:  In many traditions mystics commonly are seeking union with god, ultimate reality, the light and/or any helping spirit that will sit down and talk with 'em.  Been there, down that, got the memories but never got the official tee shirt!  Lots of flash bang, holy shit, and all of that stuff over the past 40+ years but peak experiences come and peak experiences go...and fade into memory.  In the end what's been most worthwhile to me is what I've learned pealing my own onion, trusting my own inner voices, walking on my own 2 feet, and letting the rest fall where it may , or where it wants/needs to.  Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 9:26PM #2
Nico1089
hi Bearsky, welcome back. ya know you were one of the first folks i've met on bnet and for what it's worth, your foolishness reaches me. i like what you're saying. me, i treat the onion like the gordian knot, god is my knife and he's very skilled at getting to my center. in seeking union with god, the last thing i trust is a flash bang. i've read it can occur and i believe it does for some folk, yet everything is only a beginning. folks should be aware of seeking experiences rather than god in my type of spiritual path. we are made to walk on our own two feet. life is exercise! strike up the band!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 9:54PM #3
Flowupstream
To quote one of my favorite teachers, speaking to a Hindu follower; "What good are Gods who appear, then dissappear? Find the one they appear to."

Good to see you again Dennis,
kip
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 9:26PM #4
Nico1089
hi Bearsky, welcome back. ya know you were one of the first folks i've met on bnet and for what it's worth, your foolishness reaches me. i like what you're saying. me, i treat the onion like the gordian knot, god is my knife and he's very skilled at getting to my center. in seeking union with god, the last thing i trust is a flash bang. i've read it can occur and i believe it does for some folk, yet everything is only a beginning. folks should be aware of seeking experiences rather than god in my type of spiritual path. we are made to walk on our own two feet. life is exercise! strike up the band!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 9:54PM #5
Flowupstream
To quote one of my favorite teachers, speaking to a Hindu follower; "What good are Gods who appear, then dissappear? Find the one they appear to."

Good to see you again Dennis,
kip
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 2:37PM #6
pilahawaiian
JOHN 2
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

1 Cor 3:
16 "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwell's inside you?"
...........So if you want to Seek God go within.
LUKE 11
39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

40 Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?
.........You can't see within tell you clean God's Holy Temple Out.
Isaiah 1:18-19
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."
Luke
17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will THROUGHLY PURGE HIS FLOOR (The Temple), and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.
........That's the way Jesus did it. He is the Teacher from God.

12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting,
........Jesus fasted for a long because, he is your teacher.

........I did all this and I can See the Holy Image of God within, and so can anybody.
I hear his word 24/7, I get to walk in the Holy Kingdom on Earth.
The only thing I did was clean out his Holy Temple, In the Teachings of Jesus.

.......I hope that helps.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 3:56PM #7
Bearsky
Yes, unfortunately theology of whatever ilk can be a beautiful garden to dally in...a thousand miles from Home!  Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:47PM #8
Nico1089
hi Dennis,--"a beautiful garden to dally in...a thousand miles from home"

what a great line--i stll write country songs ya know, can i use it?--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:47PM #9
Nico1089
hi Dennis,--"a beautiful garden to dally in...a thousand miles from home"

what a great line--i stll write country songs ya know, can i use it?--nicolo