Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 5:55PM #1
Bearsky
For what it's worth: In my foolishness it seems like daily life is the most mystical experience there is.  Everyone tends to equate mysticism with the mega-experiences that from time to time overwhelm our poor neural networks...yet if we strip away the labels and easy answers and theology and philosopy and myriad of other filters we stick between ourselves and the external/internal experiences that flash into and out of our awareness moment by moment what could be more dramatic more mystical that this very flow in which we are constantly, fully submerged?  Dennis
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 6:15PM #2
waterdragon9
Well said Bearsky. Each moment is a mystical experience. Each moment adds to the magic of the Journey.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 6:50PM #3
stardustpilgrim
Truly......Truly
The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

A map is not the territory.                                                                 Alfred Korzybski

God is that function in the world by reason of which our purposes are directed to ends which in our own consciousness are impartial as to our own interests. He is that element in life in virtue of which judgment stretches beyond facts of existence to values of existence.      Alfred North Whitehead
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 03, 2008 - 7:36PM #4
Nico1089
It may be that foolishness is the virtue that makes it available to us.--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2008 - 3:05PM #5
wonderment

Bearsky wrote:

For what it's worth: In my foolishness it seems like daily life is the most mystical experience there is. Everyone tends to equate mysticism with the mega-experiences that from time to time overwhelm our poor neural networks...yet if we strip away the labels and easy answers and theology and philosopy and myriad of other filters we stick between ourselves and the external/internal experiences that flash into and out of our awareness moment by moment what could be more dramatic more mystical that this very flow in which we are constantly, fully submerged? Dennis

I think that was beautifully said Dennis.

Mentally, experientially, there is a distinct before and after to realization. Something changes or shifts in the way Life is viewed. That's the only difference there is but it's the difference that makes all the difference. The Ordinary is then simply seen in It's perfection. It is recognized as the all-encompassing, ever-changing, never-ending, perfect flow of Life with nothing left out or separate. This ongoing, eternal dance of the Universe played out in the moments is all there is, and lo and behold we are It!

Nico, I think you are right. Foolishness is a virtue. Who but an empty-minded fool could ever live this ongoing perfection?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 05, 2008 - 6:12PM #6
desertsutra
God, make me an empty-minded fool!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:58PM #7
Nico1089
hi-- "The Ordinary is then simply seen in It's perfection."--wonderment

yes, when the ordinary is perfect life is in order and we fit right in. love is the oil that smoothes the rough. that's why when we love we can wash each other's socks without whining. keep close to the ordinary to learn what is perfect.--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 06, 2008 - 10:58PM #8
Nico1089
hi-- "The Ordinary is then simply seen in It's perfection."--wonderment

yes, when the ordinary is perfect life is in order and we fit right in. love is the oil that smoothes the rough. that's why when we love we can wash each other's socks without whining. keep close to the ordinary to learn what is perfect.--nicolo
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 09, 2008 - 4:11PM #9
Azurian
I agree wholeheartedly bearsky, It is fancy esoteric words like that which make people believe that these things are unavailable to everyone but the most enlightened guru, and that is just not the case. We are all magical, mystical, enlightened, inspirational, and filled to the brim with light. It is not something you become.....it is something that you are, have always been and will forever continuue to be.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jan 10, 2008 - 3:19AM #10
Mt_man
And in the book "Living in the Light, a Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation," by Shakti Gawain (I may have the k and t backwards in her first name,) it is only be being grounded in the day to day worldliness that we can transform our world.

I think there might be a debate on whether monks make a difference for others or not.  I'm not sure which side to agree with.  But Shakti's opinion (that they don't) fits for my life.  And I got a lot out of her book, having read it recently.  It helped me make sense out of the seminars I took at Landmark Education since she discusses "transformation," for one.  She has some nice meditations in the book as well, one for each short chapter.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook