Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Naturalistic pantheism and pagans
6 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2008 - 9:26PM #1
Ancestral
There is a new page for pagans who may be interested in naturalistic (aka scientific) pantheism and the World Pantheist Movement which represents naturalistic pantheists. Please visit:

http://www.pantheism.net/pagan.htm
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2008 - 10:48AM #2
Dogmafreehappily
Well, as a Pantheist myself, I couldn't be called a 'Naturalistic pagan'. Because I DO believe in something more. And I actually do practice magic in a spiritual way. But it is a very interesting belief system, above all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2008 - 6:21PM #3
bluehorserunning
Hmm.  I never really thought about pagans who don't believe in the gods.  I'm more of a monist than a dualist (god/godess dichotomy, even if metaphorical), but that suddenly makes some aspects of paganism much more approachable to me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2008 - 8:09PM #4
Rosvarga
Pantheism.net is an excellent website, good to see.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2008 - 8:22AM #5
river8101
Ancestral,

That's a pretty good link.  I don't have a specific name for what I am, except I'm a pantheist, both natural and scientific!   I'm familiar with the World Pantheist Movement, and I think a lot of the people who have come into it, came through pagan groups.   That is to say that the pagans and Wiccans that I've known took their deities  literally, whereas pantheists that I've known did not.
“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2008 - 8:26AM #6
river8101

Rosevarga,  I also went to your link.

Pantheism. net.    They wrote:  "  Pantheism holds that the cosmos, taken or conceived of as a whole, is synonymous with God. The Cosmos is divine, and the earth sacred. The Cosmos is divine,  all share divinity.  Divinity does not transcend reality it surrounds us, and is within."Pantheists do not propose belief in a deity; rather, they hold nature itself as a creative presence. Pantheism reconciles science and religion through ecology leading to strong environmental awareness. Pantheists believe in Divine Immanence. To the Pantheist, divinity does not transcend reality; it surrounds, and is within. All share divinity. This leads the pantheist to personal ethics of tolerance and understanding.Very good explanation.   Thank you.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 14, 2008 - 8:32AM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

river8101 wrote:

Rosevarga,

I also went to your link.   Pantheism, net.    They wrote:

"  Pantheism holds that the cosmos, taken or conceived of as a whole, is synonymous with God. The Cosmos is divine, and the earth sacred.             

"[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, Times][B]The Cosmos is divine,  all share divinity.  Divinity does not transcend reality it surrounds us, and is within. [/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times New Roman, Times][B]Divinity is immanent. " - Robb Miller [/FONT][/B]

[/FONT]      [FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]"Pantheists do not propose belief in a deity; rather, they hold nature itself as a creative presence.  [/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Pantheism reconciles science and religion through ecology leading to strong environmental [/FONT][FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]awareness. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Pantheists believe in Divine Immanence. To the Pantheist, divinity does not transcend reality; it surrounds, and is within. All share divinity. This leads the pantheist to personal ethics of tolerance and understanding."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]Very good explanation.   Thank you
[/FONT]

So, animism?  :confused:

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2008 - 8:56PM #8
Redfrog777
SG, it's all god.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 06, 2008 - 2:58PM #9
EyesoftheWorld
Wow... I think I just arrived home.
What Fatal Flowers of Darkness Bloom from Seeds of Light!
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2008 - 9:40AM #10
Redfrog777
This just keeps getting deeper and deeper!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook