7 years ago  ::  Dec 30, 2007 - 4:52AM #1
helefra
There is the New Year's Eve event at our Ideal Org tomorrow and I don't want to go to it.  It's not that I'm against events, I always got to the IAS event every year, I just find going to some of these other events, not my cup of tea so to speak.  As stated before, I'm not against these events and although they're very informative, I become somewhat bored when watching these events.  I'm not keen on other events too such as LRH Birthday Event, Dianetics Event and the Freewinds Event.  We also have smaller events such as the Flag World Tour and also have the Saint Hill event this coming Friday - these events are never ending!!!

Yesterday I had two staff members trying to get me to go to the event tomorrow - I don't understand what the pressure is all about?  Why am I being pressured into going to an event when I don't want to go?  Further, is there a reference about getting someone to events?  Is it mandatory that long term Scientologists should go to events?  If there is a reason for this pressure, I want to know why and what reference is being applied.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Feb 09, 2008 - 3:41AM #2
thetamag
[QUOTE=helefra;173811]There is the New Year's Eve event at our Ideal Org tomorrow and I don't want to go to it.  It's not that I'm against events, I always got to the IAS event every year, I just find going to some of these other events, not my cup of tea so to speak.  As stated before, I'm not against these events and although they're very informative, I become somewhat bored when watching these events.  I'm not keen on other events too such as LRH Birthday Event, Dianetics Event and the Freewinds Event.  We also have smaller events such as the Flag World Tour and also have the Saint Hill event this coming Friday - these events are never ending!!!

Yesterday I had two staff members trying to get me to go to the event tomorrow - I don't understand what the pressure is all about?  Why am I being pressured into going to an event when I don't want to go?  Further, is there a reference about getting someone to events?  Is it mandatory that long term Scientologists should go to events?  If there is a reason for this pressure, I want to know why and what reference is being applied.[/QUOTE]

I think you have a right to communicate or not to communicate. Events are interesting for some people and for others aren't. When I was in the Sea Org we would go there and I enjoyed many of them. Then there was a biographer of LRH who used some very peculiar language and nobody wanted to go because they were getting misunderstoods from him. Also events are one-way flow and this can have an hypnotizing event on someone. That's a bit extreme but they can be sometimes used for other purposes.
ARC, Theo
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 6:53PM #3
Strawberrydelicious
You really should go. I mean why would you not want to go?
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2008 - 8:28PM #4
Gandalf_Parker
They should say what its about. Its not as if them deciding the topic is automatically a wonderful choice for everyone.

I wish there was a center near me. But the one I went to ages ago dissolved. Now the nearest one is over an hours drive and Im not free to travel that far.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2008 - 8:15AM #5
ScientologyKnowledge
I love events! It's briliant for the 3rd Dynamic, also. Understanding  what your organisation is doing is important to your own personal succession!
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 10, 2008 - 1:31PM #6
helefra
I agree with all of you, that one should go to events, but sometimes there are events that are good and sometimes there are events that are pointless.  However, regardless of my own feelings, I think that one should be able to choose whether or not to attend the event.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook