Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Can you define your faith?
9 years ago  ::  Aug 02, 2008 - 2:32PM #1
LPInspiration
If you had to explain this to a child in a few sentences… how would you do so?

Thank you for sharing your words and your heart!
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2008 - 2:32AM #2
PITBULL
I am about to become a MESSANIAC JEW. That is a JEW who believes that JESUS is my saviour, but I still practice most of the normal JEWISH beliefs.

Ialso study and believe in the SUFI religious beliefs, and that is that there is a Higher Being who has created all of us and we are responsebile in answering to HIM at the end of our time upon this earth when we fact our final judgement day.

SINCERELY YOURS   

PITBULL
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 5:41PM #3
paulisue
I'm fairly new to learning about taoism, but how I would share my faith with my kids is by explaining that everything in the universe tries to achieve balance, for example you can't be active all the time and you can't sleep all the time, you have to find the right balance for yourself in everything.  I would explain that there is a spirit which connects us with everyone and everything in the world, that by treating others well you treat yourself well, by treating others badly you treat yourself badly.  That you will find your joy when you follow your truth.  When you aren't following your truth, obstacles in life will present to nudge you back on your path.
Quick Reply
Cancel
9 years ago  ::  Aug 16, 2008 - 5:41PM #4
paulisue
I'm fairly new to learning about taoism, but how I would share my faith with my kids is by explaining that everything in the universe tries to achieve balance, for example you can't be active all the time and you can't sleep all the time, you have to find the right balance for yourself in everything.  I would explain that there is a spirit which connects us with everyone and everything in the world, that by treating others well you treat yourself well, by treating others badly you treat yourself badly.  That you will find your joy when you follow your truth.  When you aren't following your truth, obstacles in life will present to nudge you back on your path.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2011 - 7:05PM #5
Eisenhans

Aug 2, 2008 -- 2:32PM, LPInspiration wrote:

If you had to explain this to a child in a few sentences… how would you do so?   Thank you for sharing your words and your heart!

I would use the following words, which are not mine (they are actually from the Deities), but they express things quite clearly:

Taoism is a religion, a path...

a way to allow the Taoist student to go through

and learn....

to achieve and experience a connection

between the human realm and other realms....

to open your eyes to real nature,

to understand the connections between things in nature,

to be able to foresee and know what things happen --

because you know how nature works --

and to learn to play the game wisely,

in order to avoid problems and obstacles in life

while creating good luck and improving your life.

Those who go far enough and have faith in this

will also become an immortal when they pass away.

If you find your real-self, and you were an immortal before,

you learn to gain back your power and identity.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook