Switch to Forum Live View I do believe in astrology
7 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2008 - 5:57PM #1
Laudine
I read that Li Hongzhi says that astrology doesn't exist. But I find the patterns in astrology VERY logical so because of that I'm not sure what I can believe about falun gong...?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2008 - 7:25PM #2
nancyflorencecarlson
also believe strongly in astrology and would have to disagree with this religion on it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jul 13, 2008 - 7:15PM #3
noahm
You have both been completely misinformed.  There are several referenced to how the movement of cosmic matter, or cosmic timings affects things at the human level in Zhuan Falun alone.  I don't know where you read that , but I have read all of the books and all I can say is that you must not have or you would have seen right through this misinformation.  There are several references to I Ching (book of changes), etc and how yes indeed there are people who can/have predicted the happenings on earth by observing the celestial bodies.  It is possible that you read something, but it wasn't a Falun Gong  book that said that.  The CCP ( Chinese communist party), has done a lot to mislead the Chinese public in its brutal crackdown on Falun gong including saying that they can't go to hospitals, commit suicide etc. which are all completely wrong and made up lies.  The texts are free to download/print, so get informed at falundafa.org.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2009 - 8:28AM #4
Falungong

The way i see it is that Falun Dafa simply does not pay a lot of attention to Astrology. It is not about belief or lack of belief in Astrology;rather, Practitioners question the relevance of Astrology to their lives and cultivation way.

As mentioned there are many quotes in the texts that make reference to the affects the vast cosmic bodies have on events on this small planet. Further, Dafa discourages divination of events for practitioner's as this may have consequences in terms of personal growth, on and individual level, and possible karmic consequences when divining for others.

Further, cosmic influences the glands and sub-glands of the human body are not limited to this small solar system of ours, or the stars that fall along the celestial equator as viewed from the earth.  Meditations and thoughts of the cosmos in Dafa texts are much more expansive than these celestial bodies that contemporary astrology focuses on. Similarly influences of Falun Dafa (great law) and Dafa cultivation practice are thought to transcend this small dimension of time and space.

Having said that, as a Falun Gong practitioner, i also believe Astrology also has a lot to offer in terms of understanding our incarnation into this small world of ours. However wonderful, the realities illustrated by astrology are merely shadows of our true selves, which spiritual cultivation awakens us to.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook