Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hearing Your Name Called
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 9:58AM #1
spiritalk
Someone mentioned hearing their name being called just before sleep.  I have also been woken up by my name being called. 

Of course, my hubby does call me in the morning.  But before he can get to it, I often hear my name called by both male and female voices.  It seems to be happening more often lately. 

Anyone have a comment?
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 10:23AM #2
Feinics
Ive heard my name called some times during sleep others during the day! I thought perhaps it was my goddess calling me! Im only just really learning about my guides but perhaps it was them calling in both our cases?
lol not very helpful response is it :) sorry!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 10:51AM #3
GreenEyedLily

Feinics wrote:

Ive heard my name called some times during sleep others during the day! I thought perhaps it was my goddess calling me! Im only just really learning about my guides but perhaps it was them calling in both our cases?
lol not very helpful response is it :) sorry!

That was pretty much bang on Feinics!  Its your guides trying to get your attention!  Mine did it in the bank just this past Friday and had me jumping out of shock and then looking around trying to figure out who it was!  Then at home he was doing the same thing!  My Mom gets this often too!  I told her to start paying attention to her surroundings, signs, synchronicities etc. and even any visions or dreams she may have.  They are trying to get our attention when they call out our name and we hear it with our real ears hehehe.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 10:55AM #4
Feinics
ooh what I got something right ?!!:)
lol when I was a teenager id always be running downstairs going "mom were u just calling me?" and she be like no or out of my earshot! maybe they just wanted me to get some exercise by going up and down the stairs alot:)
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2007 - 12:03PM #5
Stardove
A few times I have heard an outer voice call my name. Each time I was alone and was startled and jumped. I would look up expecting someone to be there, but no it was spirit calling. I was always outside when this happened, so maybe those fairies were reaching out to me. ;)

One the other hand there are more details which I won't go into, but my protector guide could have been letting me know that I was safe and being looked out for.
Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 06, 2007 - 6:58PM #6
AZKaren
It was my daughter that hears her name being called out to wake her when she is sleeping....but this has happened to me several times too. At that time I didnt pay attention to what  time it was...as I do now.  It all adds up...time will tell...like a puzzle. I've also heard my name called out while I was outside during the afternoon. It was clear as a bell and had a beautiful sound. When I turned around and saw no one I new in my heart what/who it was. Since I didnt hear or see anything else, I assume it was just saying," I'm with you".
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2007 - 5:59PM #7
reflection
Well this might sound kinda strange and maybe should be in a different forum but I'm new to this and am not certain how to navigate just yet.

After my mother passed, I was lying in bed one night and I was wide awake and I heard her call my name. My brother told me the exact same thing happened to him on the exact same night! Is that cool or WHAT!?

Then, when dad passed, the very day of the funeral, we were at his house w/all the family and the phone rings and it was all static w/no one on the line ... except my dad, he kept going HELLO HELLO? hehe. I smiled so big and went to tell a cousin and one of my aunts overheard me and thot I was a loon but that's ok.

And I also remember when I was a very small child. I was like an only child as when I was not even in kindergarten yet, my brother was headed off to the Vietnam war and my other brother to college. So for what time I did spend at my parents', I was alone, they were much older than the norm for my age so I had to learn to occupy myself, no kids in the hood.

So I'm outside and it was a warm and windy day and I LOVE the wind and embrace it, always have. So I'm walking along and I hear this man's voice, a deep voice, calling my name. I looked all over the place and no one was to be found. I knew nothing of God or religion or anything like that but in retrospect, at about age 8-9-10 (sorry, I have absolutely NO sense of time) I concluded it was God.

Sue in Kansas
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2007 - 6:58PM #8
Joseph14
[QUOTE=spiritalk;117183]Someone mentioned hearing their name being called just before sleep.  I have also been woken up by my name being called. 

Of course, my hubby does call me in the morning.  But before he can get to it, I often hear my name called by both male and female voices.  It seems to be happening more often lately. 

Anyone have a comment?[/QUOTE]

Hi Spiritalk,

My first occasion that I heard my name called was when my wife and I were staying in a hotel in Amarillo, TX, en route to New Mexico. When I first heard it, I thought was her. When I woke her, she said she hadn't called me. Then the same voice, that of a woman, called me a second time, and I looked at my wife, and she was sound asleep. The third time she called my name, I came to a full awakening. My wife was frightened because she believed it was Death calling my name and was very uncomfortable the rest of the night. This female voice continued to call my name, like your voice, before I went to sleep and when I would wake up in the morning. This lasted until 2004. The female voice never identified herself, but gentle, calming, and patient with me.

However, in 1999, when I was studying shamanism with an Apache Shaman, I was sleeping on the floor where it is the coolest, but this time the voice that called me was a deep bass, harmonic male voice. This really scared me. My back was to the voice, but I could not bring myself to face the voice because it sounded like a voice that echoed through the heavens.

Joseph14
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2007 - 10:25AM #9
spiritalk
I can now say....I wish they wouldn't call!  Last night I was awakened from a wonderful sleep to hear my name called - as I was trying to answer I realized hubby was right beside me, sound asleep.  Then at 6 this morning (I usually don't get up til about 7:15 or so) the voice came from downstairs.  After showering and dressing, hubby asked why up so early?  He had definitely not called me.  LOL

There has usually been something to be observant of in my surroundings?  Will be on the look out.
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Dec 10, 2007 - 10:32AM #10
Feinics
looks like the are insistant spirit talk :) I can sympathise with an unwanted early rising hope you can figure it out  !!

Its interesting how many of us have experienced this in some form or another eh!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 8  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook