Page 5 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 1:06AM #41
Tenlionz
Chukma Greetinz to all, Ill have Red Ale, hope ya dont mind if I smoke Medicine Pipe while I listen in.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 11, 2008 - 11:46PM #42
Kay404
Welcome to the Inn, Ten Lionz!

Enjoy your Red Ale.  Nice thing about the Inn, nothing you eat or drink here adds any calories!  :)

I'd be delighted to have the blessings of the Pipe added to the Inn.  While calories aren't real here, the gifts and blessings are -- many who come here have been supported and comforted by them. 

Bright blessings on your path,

Kay
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 9:27PM #43
Tenlionz
Chukma Aiyukpahi Iholiptopoli to this place and all which come into this circle. I burn now White Sage and Flat cedar from the River Clam shell and smudge this lodge with the faning of Osi Feather, All here cover your persons with this smoke. while I hold high the Eagle Feather in my left hand to the Grand Father Spirit, all Spirits of negativity are given notice to vacate this Circle, while all Spirits of creation and positivity are called to join this circle and contribute to truth and wize Counsel.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 12, 2008 - 9:27PM #44
Tenlionz
Chukma Aiyukpahi Iholiptopoli to this place and all which come into this circle. I burn now White Sage and Flat cedar from the River Clam shell and smudge this lodge with the faning of Osi Feather, All here cover your persons with this smoke. while I hold high the Eagle Feather in my left hand to the Grand Father Spirit, all Spirits of negativity are given notice to vacate this Circle, while all Spirits of creation and positivity are called to join this circle and contribute to truth and wize Counsel.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2008 - 5:23AM #45
Whisperingal
Ten--thanks so much for the smudge!

I've brought Lizard to sit in my hand.

And Owl to sit by the door.

And for those who sit shivering in the midst of snow and wind and ice--a big pot of steaming hot Potato Soup--made from a traditional Slavic recipe handed down from my Grandmother from her Grandmother from all my Grandmothers to me.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 17, 2008 - 5:47AM #46
Kay404
I open my self to the blessings of sage and cedar; and I offer thanks to the plant spirits, thanks to Ten Lionz for bringing their blessings here, and thanks to the Spirit I honor as the Source of All.  The stress I was feeling eases away, and the joy of Spirit lifts my heart.  Thank you, Ten Lionz, for offering such blessings here.

I turn now to the homey blessing of steaming potato soup.  Thank you, Wgal, for sharing this with us – such blessings warm the heart as well as the stomach.

As always, there is fresh-baked bread and good cheese on the counter, and I add a mug of hot, spiced cider to my tray.  Well supplied, I sit in my favorite chair by the fire and take down the Book of Threads from the mantel, to continue reading and writing.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2008 - 8:16PM #47
Tenlionz
Dam, now I'm like starving hungry, Aiyukpachi my Friends and Chukma Shki Chukma, You all should try Pachofa if you have not, it iz a pork and Hominy dish, a staple of Chickasaw culture. Cook your pork in a crock pot with spices until its falling apart, then fry some canned hominy with red onionz, pour the juice off the pork and mix it with the hominy and let it cook together, then make some fry bread or corn bread to go with. spice AZ you like, and if your like me you will throw the kitchen sink at it.

Ten lionz
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 26, 2008 - 4:51PM #48
kraventhearcher
That sounds really good 10 lions. Think I'll try that. I always have grits and cornbread handy. :-)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 18, 2009 - 11:14PM #49
Tenlionz
Yes this iz my great pleasure High Pockets, I am from Yakima and I spent many yearz all over the West coast, in fact I biult the first brand new home on Marlin court in Ocean Shores Washington, I enjoyed catching my own Sea food. My Grand Daughter iz Quinault, whale hunter Tribe. A little of the Ocean lives in me even today.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2009 - 2:58PM #50
Mae Dawson
You can see, I don't get out often, but yeah, Ten Lions, my folks were from the east side of the mountains, 'n I've still got some relatives over there.  They came over here just before WWll 'n fished outa LaPush, then moved up to Samish country (Anacortes) for awhile.  I'm a little N of the Quinault but been in 'n outa here most of my life. There's somethin' about fresh air and clean water that I just really LIKE!!
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook